corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20XE Alternator change, it looks tight!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE Alternator change, it looks tight!
X 60RSA

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 05 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did hear taking the driveshaft out is easier, do i have to take much off or is it just a case of, wires off, bolts off and new 1 on or not so simple!?
James R

22nd Apr 05 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably less hassle to undo the inlet manifold and get it out the way, better access to the wiring for it too.
James R

22nd Apr 05 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And less wet cold ass from being sat on the floor the whole time, just have to keep the batty boy away while you're lent over the bonnet to avoid the above stood up
X 60RSA

22nd Apr 05 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by j1400
Probably less hassle to undo the inlet manifold and get it out the way, better access to the wiring for it too.

FCUK, cant say i've got alot of time on my hands really, i'll try to get it off and see how i fair from there! i'll get it on a ramp hopefully
X 60RSA

22nd Apr 05 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by j1400
And less wet cold ass from being sat on the floor the whole time, just have to keep the batty boy away while you're lent over the bonnet to avoid the above stood up

LOL is it possible doing it from underneath if its on a ramp and working uptop as well, it will be me and a mate, really dont fancy taking the inlet manifold off TBH
bradfincham

22nd Apr 05 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

easier under neath!
Take the belt and bracket of from above, then undo the bolt that hols the alternanor bracket from underneath, it will come betwee the driveshaft and chassis, easy job, ive done mine 3 times now!!
X 60RSA

22nd Apr 05 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bradfincham
easier under neath!
Take the belt and bracket of from above, then undo the bolt that hols the alternanor bracket from underneath, it will come betwee the driveshaft and chassis, easy job, ive done mine 3 times now!!

Good good, cheers mate! All i need to do is tell the garage they fcuked my car up by bump starting it, there is a small chance but with the luck ive had of late it was highly possible, the voltage surge has knackered alot of things!

Luckily my old man is relatively high up so i'm hoping there wont be a problem with getting back what im having to spend on it, plus i got the engine running again myself so i saved them labour money, that they wont get to know!
bradfincham

22nd Apr 05 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when my earth strap snapped, it fried some wires to the alternator, killed the battery and the alternator totally!!
Damn car, but luckily battery and alternator were exchanged under warranty!!

New Poll