corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » alternator belt length

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author alternator belt length
AJBek

User status: Offline
1st Apr 05 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When we went to fit the alternator belt to the C20XE in my corsa last weekend we had a right hassle getting it on and in the end had to remove the alternator slip the belt over and then lever it back round, hardly ideal. It seems the belt I got from halfords is too small despite being what is recommended for the Mk2 astra in their guide. I want to get a longer belt quite soon as this one feels very tight and I don't want to damage the alternator. the writing on the belt I currently have is

HB913 0091 674

in big letters and then

0447 740 in small letters

I am assuming the 674 is 674mm and is the belt length so if I go back and get one that says about 690 it will be slightly longer and fit better. Anyone know if this is right. The belt width is 1cm BTW and it is a simple v belt not one of the serpentine ribbed type

Cheers

Alan

New Poll