corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » signal to coil amplifier ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author signal to coil amplifier ?
myke

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 05 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car wouldn't start today (corsa gsi with '90 c20xe from calibra)

had a quick look and there was no spark from the coil main lead.
had a fiddle about with a few of the electrical coonectors, but no luck.

called AA and the patrol guy was brialliant, did loads of checks and found no signal going into the coil amplifier, he even tried a new amp which he had spare in his van.

just wondering where the amp takes its feeds from. he looked at the hall sensor on the dizzy, and then the crank sensor.
hall sensor seems a little loose against the distributor body, but he checked under the sheath and the wiring itself is fine.
can't full access the crank sensor as it's behind the pas pump mount, but by shining a torch through the headers, he reckoned the insulation was not 100% just before the sensor plug.

i was just wondering if there was anything else that could cause the amplifier to not output a signal to the coil; or if it was one of the two things we looked at?

any input much appreciated.
jamesw

22nd Apr 05 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the fuel pump relay there are 2 relays in there one feeds the fuel pump the other feeds the ignition i had the same problem few weeks ago the relay had burnt out
Dan
Premium Member

22nd Apr 05 at 10:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could b the crank sensor..

can u get to the wiring connector for it which will b near your o/s wing i would think, lil three pin connector.

carry out an ohm test on pin 1 and 3 i think it is, and see what your getting.

check between all pins and ill look at the results if u post them up and compare to the data i have at home

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
X 60RSA

22nd Apr 05 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not another c20xe problem lol

As said above, fuel pump relay is a common one, there is a mod for it on mig web which cures the problem, soldeing in another resistor as it gets voltage surges or something.

The crankshaft sensor can cause alot of bother on these cars, at 56quid they dont come cheap but if you get a new 1, its ironed out one possible cause. This is what i did. Is your battery 110%charged?
myke

22nd Apr 05 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the problem is no spark.

fuel is there ok.

AA man checked voltages at the connector by the o/s suspension turret, but i can't remember what it was showing.

my fuel relay is under the scuttle panel, and as i remember, there's only one there. i never realised ignition ran off a relay.

think my mums bought me the crank sensor today, so i'll try that, then come back.

cheers.

New Poll