corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » temperature query on 1400 sport

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author temperature query on 1400 sport
corsa gez

User status: Offline
   19th Apr 05 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my sport generally runs a temp between 90 and 92. But lately under normal running has been hitting 95 and 97. higher if im pushing it. is this normal? any info welcome cheers
CORSA1.616V

19th Apr 05 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mate mine (1.6 16v) and my mates (1.4 16v used to run at 90 and as soon as your either standing still for a few seconds or putting your foot down mine used to go to 100 until the fan cooled it back down. so i fitted a courtnay sport cool running thermostat cost £25 inc p&p now mine sits just below 90 and never goes over 90 can't say i've heard the fan running since i fitted it.
hope that helps
Black Stallion SRi

19th Apr 05 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines the same 1.4 16v sri if i am sat in traffic or kfc drive thru engine temp just goes up to 100 in a few minutes and fan kicks in.

trick i was told was to turn the heater onto 1 and let the heat into the car, works great and temp doesnt even get to 90 now

Commin up to summer so might not be the best lol cause it gets pretty hot in there sometimes

[Edited on 19-04-2005 by Black Stallion SRi]
Cybermonkey

20th Apr 05 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suspect its the higher ambient temperature since summer isnt far away. XE engines ruin very hot in the bay, so dont worry about it, as long as the fan is kicking in when it gets to red.
corsa gez

20th Apr 05 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the advice. i usually run it with the fan at 1 but lately i have to have it at 2 to keep it below 95. the car has a k&n induction kit and seems to be dead below 4 grand would it be better to try and get a standard air box back on if their is alot of hot air under the bonnet? cheers:boggle:
Cybermonkey

21st Apr 05 at 06:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the flat spot will no doubt be down to your induction kit sucking in hot ambient air. Refit an airbox and drill it and use a performance panel filter, or modify the airbox so your unduction kit will have some form of shielding.

New Poll