corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20LET Traction

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20LET Traction
craigpcg

User status: Offline
10th Apr 05 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by timrud_
Equal length shaft will mean when it spins, the car will keep going in a straight line at least...

Best thing for traction is learn how to control your right foot...

You can drive around traction problems most of the time in the dry, it can be a fine art...

spot on now thats what am talking about
J da Silva

10th Apr 05 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3rd that!
corb

10th Apr 05 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree to an extent, but if you could get all the power down straight away in very gear, you'd have yourself a faster car, yes? As opposed to 'feeding' the power in. Is this not the aim of an LSD? To help put power down onto the road surface more efficiently? Granted on a gravelly, muddy, icy road it woud have more effect due to the lower traction properties of the road surface, but even through onto tarmac its gonna help isnt it?
and how dya get equal length shafts on a LET anyway??
J da Silva

10th Apr 05 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corb
I agree to an extent, but if you could get all the power down straight away in very gear, you'd have yourself a faster car, yes? As opposed to 'feeding' the power in. Is this not the aim of an LSD? To help put power down onto the road surface more efficiently? Granted on a gravelly, muddy, icy road it woud have more effect due to the lower traction properties of the road surface, but even through onto tarmac its gonna help isnt it?
and how dya get equal length shafts on a LET anyway??

If you could get all that power down to the floor with technique, or atleast most of the potential power, then you'd build a beast with a Wallace brain,
J da Silva

10th Apr 05 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As for the equal length shafts, I've never seen it done before, or heard of it till now...
If j1400 could enlighten us please...
corb

10th Apr 05 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its physically impossible to get all the power down through technique, the physics just dont add up. You sit there in the car and floor it in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, it GONNA spin, if you could floor it, and with the aid of an LSD or the like, the power instantly stuck to the tarmac, the car would launch better than a scooby, evo etc.etc. But thats never going to happen as they have all sorts of diffs and 4d systems working and a 2wd 300bhp corsa has a gearbox attatched to some wheels trying to plant all that power through the front wheels. not gonna happen.
J da Silva

10th Apr 05 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corb
Its physically impossible to get all the power down through technique, the physics just dont add up. You sit there in the car and floor it in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, it GONNA spin, if you could floor it, and with the aid of an LSD or the like, the power instantly stuck to the tarmac, the car would launch better than a scooby, evo etc.etc. But thats never going to happen as they have all sorts of diffs and 4d systems working and a 2wd 300bhp corsa has a gearbox attatched to some wheels trying to plant all that power through the front wheels. not gonna happen.

No course not, which is why I think LSD's are pointless on tarmac, like you said, it's still gonna spin, I think the only way to cmbat this would 4wd the corsa, which I think is something which will catch on in the next 2/3years or so once a few have been done.
James R

10th Apr 05 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry I haven't replied so soon, I've been out enjoying the sun.

Equal length shafts are fitted to ally callys, and late cavs

You have the short shaft the same \

Then on the long shaft side you have a two piece shaft. It comes out the box flat, and a bearing carrier bolts on to the end of the block. Then the second piece makes the angle to the hub, so effectively the shaft's are of the same angle, as it's the angle on the DV's which produces the torque bias in the first place, so makeing the angle match does the job.

so lookign from the front its

/===Gearbox\

Hope that makles sense, I haven't got any pics kickign about, but I'm fitting a set to a friend TB'd 20XE to combat torque steer.

Hope it helps you guys

James
R Lee

10th Apr 05 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i disagree...

just because.
James R

10th Apr 05 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh look I've found a fitting guide

Well this has pics so hope it clears it up.

All donations are welcome

[Edited on 10-04-2005 by j1400]
Adam_B

10th Apr 05 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aaaah! so obvious
J da Silva

10th Apr 05 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm familiar with that j1400, but what about on a corsa?
James R

10th Apr 05 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bolts straight on a corsa. job done.
J da Silva

10th Apr 05 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20LET Traction 22 database queries in 0.0132620 seconds