corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fibreglass matting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fibreglass matting
raptor corsa

User status: Offline
5th Apr 05 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im doing some pods for my speakers in the front kick pods and doing some mods on my dash. as well as smoothing my door pods aswell. has any got any ideas of how much resin i will need as i have used it before and always buy to little or too much. also are there any gd links to any places which sell the stuff. i dunt really wanna use the matting stuff wud rather use the hessen. cheers
Filby1

5th Apr 05 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me too im wanting some how to make my own fiberglass door cards back and front anyone done this? need help
raptor corsa

5th Apr 05 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same as fronts just do the mdf ring and struts to hold it then fibreglass round the outside. it aint too difficult just dunt know where to get the right materials from
RichR
Premium Member

5th Apr 05 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no idea what youre asking - wtf is Hessen? - and used right Fibrglass "matting" ( Depends what u want CSM, Low/High GSM, Bi-axial, Tri-axial, Quadraxial, Woven Rovings) will have a better finish, better quality and strength properties and finally weigh foOK all

As for the resin quantity - it depends very much on what matt your using
Will94

5th Apr 05 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd jus say buy one of the fiberglass kits, come in yellow boxes in the make i've used. Get the right amount of hardener/resin/matting. even tho i ended up using too much resin 1st time which is why i ran out
raptor corsa

5th Apr 05 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

used them b4 n they piss me off plus dunt give the best finish in the world, think lee is kinda getting what i want, i was told by a m8 it was hessen.

what i want is the cotten based material which u sread the resin on. im not doing loads just door pods as many others do and few other bits. anyways u got any links???
RichR
Premium Member

9th Apr 05 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its nto cotton based - its strands of glass hence the name - "FibreGlass"
James@CCC

9th Apr 05 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot are u asking? are u saying you want the fabric to strecth over to make the shape before you fibreglass? if so just use anything, such as fleece. that will absorb the resin and set and then u can fibreglass over this.

if this is not wot ur asking then make more sense!

and as for resin, just buy a tin from halfords should do u. if your going to be doing a lot more tho would make more sense t go to www.resinsupplies.co.uk or something like that
RichR
Premium Member

9th Apr 05 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use resin supplies amongst others- good company!!!
James@CCC

9th Apr 05 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot are your others?
Predator Corsa

9th Apr 05 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P40 or P38 ready mixed fibreglass, add harner then u go. so much easier!!!
James@CCC

9th Apr 05 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that stuff is shit. please do not use this
RKS

10th Apr 05 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Predator Corsa
P40 or P38 ready mixed fibreglass, add harner then u go. so much easier!!!

that stuff is crap, nything made with it will end up cracking, best of mixing your resin and using sheets of fibreglass, then rubbing it all down, and use some bodyfiller to make it all nice and smooth

New Poll