corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » stripped cars

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author stripped cars
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Apr 05 at 06:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl, carl id hope you think more of my common sence to believe a gain of 15 bhp is obtainable from a filter.......... also why a fool? your picking again!
Carr

13th Apr 05 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Broster where did you get your alloy battery tray from as I was possibly looking at getting some alloy engine bits in a few months when I get some money but cant find any for my car.
Tried Forge Motorsport's website but they don't do Peugeot bits plus as it's a diesel I might struggle
corsa120

13th Apr 05 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not pickin makin valid point, im not calling u a fool mark i mean ppl in general

fed up with ppl claiming this and that with silly things like a filter gains this much/or losing spare wheel ACTUALLY MAKE THAT MUCH difference to performance, its all bollox

noticable gain in power from corsa in weight saving would mean carbon bonnets/wings, full stripped interior NOT REAR ONLY, light wheels thin glass, ask jr he seems to no what i mean u lot just say its picking it ent

NO OFFENCE IS INTENDED TO NO1 JUST SIT HERE AT COMPUTER AND FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE PPL VIEWS

[Edited on 13-04-2005 by corsa120]
Greg_M

13th Apr 05 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reoving interior will make a difference to a car exceleration no matter how little you take out. A larger wieght means a larger inertia, a lower weight will mean the engine need less output to move the car.

admittedly taking the rear bench out or whatever will not make a great deal of difference. but i can notice the difference just driving without my spare wheel in (which i have not removed to gain anything) to driving with
ainsley_brader

13th Apr 05 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa120 have you ever driven a car stripped it and then driven it again?

Im talking everything rear of the front seats style and carpet/roof lining!
corsa120

13th Apr 05 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i have for about 4 weeks why my retrim was done so no1 here can say i dont no, and my car was fully stripped bar front speaker and roof lining even carpets was out

i never said it WONT make a difference for god sake, I SAID IT WONT MAKE A NOTICABLE DIFFERENCE

when mine was stripped totally for those few weeks all i noticed was a stupid amount of noise, performance was un-changed although im not saying it was'nt, just not enough to notice
Teddy

14th Apr 05 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well mine feels a LITTLE different obviously shaving off 30kg of what the car doesnt actually need WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

If its not your style then fine - but its ours and we can notice a difference!
Robin
Premium Member

14th Apr 05 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Teddy
Well mine feels a LITTLE different obviously shaving off 30kg of what the car doesnt actually need WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

and i've shed 60kg, at least, and it looks ace, and is NOTICABLY quicker accelerateing, and brakes better,

so there carl!!!
Joff

14th Apr 05 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I make sure I have a big poo every time I go for a drive.

I also empty my pockets, give myself an all-over wax (Broster does the bits I can't reach) and don't wear shoes.
This doesn't make me any faster, but means I forget my wallet, have a rash and can't press the pedals properly
Joff

14th Apr 05 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
quote:
Originally posted by Teddy

and i've shed 60kg, at least, and it looks ace, and is NOTICABLY quicker accelerateing, and brakes better,

so there carl!!!

You wouldn't notice it if it came up and shaved your beard.
corsa120

14th Apr 05 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well ur all bigger fools than i thought so there ha ha
Robin
Premium Member

15th Apr 05 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
well ur all bigger fools than i thought so there ha ha

says you, who left his bonnet undone
corsa120

16th Apr 05 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes driving blind is fun though
broster
Premium Member

16th Apr 05 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, well back on the subject of stripped cars, my cars i now completly stripped of carpet and all the foam and all the tar sound deadening in the front, ready for my buckets to go in next week! wooooooooo will look good with them in, then its just the interior respray.
corsa120

16th Apr 05 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mark ur m8's nova looks dogs inside, if ur doin urs like that then its different kettle of fish too as it looks smooth and proper

just removing everything looks shit, should look good mark
broster
Premium Member

16th Apr 05 at 15:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
yes mark ur m8's nova looks dogs inside, if ur doin urs like that then its different kettle of fish too as it looks smooth and proper

just removing everything looks shit, should look good mark

yes ill be spraying it all etc, also im replacing my rusty boot with a fiber glass one.....should bring the weight down a bit!
also im doing it as the car will eventually be just a track car, wouldnt bother changing the boot for a fiber glass one otherwise
Robin
Premium Member

16th Apr 05 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
lol, well back on the subject of stripped cars, my cars i now completly stripped of carpet and all the foam and all the tar sound deadening in the front, ready for my buckets to go in next week! wooooooooo will look good with them in, then its just the interior respray.

gayboy

that makes you officially the lightest corsa b in the region, the crown which was once mine
corsa120

16th Apr 05 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not driven mine for 3 weeks till today it still amazes me how quick an xe is i now its not amazing but it never gives up on power 120 and still pulling like its doin 90 odd down A45 today should not do it really but was quick blat

shocked an rs2000 when he thought i was easy meat his face was good to has i had no rear bumper on and i have pre97 front in black at mo ha ha ha thought i was a chav
broster
Premium Member

16th Apr 05 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rs2000 are easy pickings dude! aim higher!
jr

16th Apr 05 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

robs yours is looking good
Robin
Premium Member

16th Apr 05 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
robs yours is looking good

wow

i'm so proud, thats ace having you say my car is looking good, when yours is so fuckin cool
jr

16th Apr 05 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not cool, its a corsa
Robin
Premium Member

16th Apr 05 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true, but as they go, its cool

i am determined to be lighter than you though
broster
Premium Member

16th Apr 05 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha good luck dude! will need to chop your dash up
Robin
Premium Member

16th Apr 05 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dash? why bother? stack dials.... no dash, who needs a dash in a track car?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » stripped cars 23 database queries in 0.1035910 seconds