corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » stripped cars

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author stripped cars
Carr

User status: Offline
7th Apr 05 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit excessive taking door cards and gear gaiters off aint it unless you are replacing them with carbon or somehting. Looks a bit bare for the sake of a couple of grams
Robin
Premium Member

7th Apr 05 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everyhting is coming out mate

nothing that i dont need will be in there
corsa120

8th Apr 05 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with carr

u can leave door cards etc in just to make it look tidy, as weight saving is not noticable and never will be as its still corsa that will be used on road and if it is used for track use i still think we are not good enough drivers to determine whether it was outr driving which made a quicker lap or the fact that 2 kg's was saved from door cards lol

respect though each to there own
broster
Premium Member

8th Apr 05 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have a full re-trim carl, obvioulsy you dont liek the stripped look, i do, im not a fan of fancy interior, i like stripped interiors unless its a lexus or beemer or something fatty like that. a corsas never going to look like that what ever interior you put in it.

[Edited on 08-04-2005 by broster]
broster
Premium Member

8th Apr 05 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

robin is this going to be your next purchase!!!! im sure i can sell you one
RobHayes

8th Apr 05 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster

robin is this going to be your next purchase!!!! im sure i can sell you one

whats that do?
corsa120

8th Apr 05 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mark im not trying to tell any1 which is better, and i never got a retrim to LOOK ALL THAT, its because i hated the poker dots

its just if any1 is trying to save weight not just go fro stripped look then just back seats, spare wheel and other various extremely light parts will make no difference, but as i said all fair to the ppl that like the look.

its just every1 i talk to says im stripping the rear gr8, but next bit they add after is always da da der TO SAVE WEIGHT EVEN U SAID IT MARK AT TOY'R'US, all im saying is its pittance less ur doin jr style

plz dont get me wrong im not slating EACH TO THERE OWN AND ALL THAT JUST MAKES ME LAUGH when ppl say its weight saving which ive heard loads of peeps say it not just corsa's either

[Edited on 08-04-2005 by corsa120]

Carr

8th Apr 05 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

battery tray aint it?

and broster yeah each to their own i wasn't having a go just wondered why the door cards went aswell
broster
Premium Member

8th Apr 05 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes its a battery tray for mounting the battery in the boot and generally looking cool! lol!
It will save weight tho carl, i always used to doubt if it would make any difference if it all came out and it obviously will do, but the weight saved is the difference between a full tank of petrol and an empty tank of petrol. when i remove my door cards ill be replacing them with flat panels and the rest of my speakers/head unit will ocme out too. even tho people say its only little bits its lots of little bits.... as for pitance unless you do it jr style, hes hacked his fucking dash in half lol!!! obviously its going to be lighter, what does make me chuckle tho is stripping all the trim and leaving the rear wiper on which will weigh more than all the door cards together!
corsa120

8th Apr 05 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never disputed whether its actually saves weight its obvious few kg's has been saved, not as much as full tank of fuel though, but what im getting at is wont be noticable in performance just stripping the rear of a car, u need to lose EVERYTHING. that means adding carbon bonnets/wings/perspex windows or ultar thin glass list goes on

1litre of pretrol = 1kg u can get more than 30 litres in corsa, and all the rear interior etc must only come to 15 odd

donnington last september they did a weight test when doin 0-60 thrashes, and a leon cupra was filled with 150+ kg's with weight and when that was romoved it only made 0.45 of a second difference if i remember correctly
broster
Premium Member

8th Apr 05 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i know a full take of furl weighs in at 45KG, you think tho you remove the spare wheel, and rear back bench, thats a good lot onto that weight? then the seat belts and all the mech that goes with that and all the sound deadening, you ever removed that, the tar matting weighs a bit.fuck knows im getting it on the weigh bridge soon to see what it really does weigh with a full tank and an empty tank, not to settle any arguements as in my eyues the 1.6 needs all the help it can lol!

The leon cupra is a turbo it has shed loads of torque! weight wont bother it like my 1.6 NA engine also 0.45 of a second is a lot when your talking 7 secs to 60 anyway... thats 6.5% off!

[Edited on 08-04-2005 by broster]
corsa120

8th Apr 05 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes with preffessional driver with full racing spec cupra mark not road goin version

i agree mark u seem to be gettin me wrong m8 im even considering doin rear of mine with buckets and givin interior to mrs corsa, but i dont expect any gains if im honest just the motorsport feel and of cause extra noise etc

im not slating mark

broster
Premium Member

8th Apr 05 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but you mis my point! its got alot of torque, its not going to matter if you remove 150k for a car that weighs 1400kg anyway! a corsa weights say 960kg for a gsi, remove weight from it and itll be noticable as its got fuck all torque anyway torgue is what moves the weight in reality isn't it, you agree on that! anyway what does it matter, so long as who ever is driving it likes it then its all good
Robin
Premium Member

9th Apr 05 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i weighed it all today, and its 60kg overall, and the doorcards weigh 6kg all together, so it does make a difference, especially when you remember that you have no storage space, so you lose weight there too

and mark, how much for the sexy battery tray?
broster
Premium Member

9th Apr 05 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant afford it as you copy me too much
Robin
Premium Member

9th Apr 05 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
you cant afford it as you copy me too much

i dont own a pink car, and a chavvy quiff
corsa120

10th Apr 05 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes rob every little helps i think peeps ahve taken my opinion the wrong way, when i had my 1.4 16v my m8 followed me to mk cruise i was on my own he had 4 ppl in his 1.4 16v plus ice and down the carriageway there was nout in it still we are talking easy 65-70 kg's p-person plus 20-30 in ice

u do the maths and it made hardly any difference if any 4-5 car lengths of extra acceleration that to me is nothin for 300 kg's so 60 odd will do nout

BUT FOR THE LOOK
Robin
Premium Member

12th Apr 05 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
yes rob every little helps i think peeps ahve taken my opinion the wrong way, when i had my 1.4 16v my m8 followed me to mk cruise i was on my own he had 4 ppl in his 1.4 16v plus ice and down the carriageway there was nout in it still we are talking easy 65-70 kg's p-person plus 20-30 in ice

u do the maths and it made hardly any difference if any 4-5 car lengths of extra acceleration that to me is nothin for 300 kg's so 60 odd will do nout

BUT FOR THE LOOK

4-5 car lengths is a lot over a 1/4 mile carl
about half a second
and my fuel economy is better now, and my back wheels dont lock anymore when i brake hard

[Edited on 12-04-2005 by robmarriott]
corsa120

12th Apr 05 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but im talking 300= kg's here not 60 rob but
broster
Premium Member

12th Apr 05 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shut up with the pickyness for the love of god! seems every post about it you feel the need to pick!
you like an interior, others dont. wicked!
Robin
Premium Member

12th Apr 05 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
shut up with the pickyness for the love of god! seems every post about it you feel the need to pick!
you like an interior, others dont. wicked!

i was also thinking this

my car IS faster, stops better, now goes round corners. End of story
ainsley_brader

12th Apr 05 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a skill to stripping a car and keeping it tidy!!
Robin
Premium Member

12th Apr 05 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ainsley_brader

which is?
ainsley_brader

12th Apr 05 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
quote:
Originally posted by ainsley_brader

which is?

being able to "strip a car" and "keep it tidy"
corsa120

12th Apr 05 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at mark he dont read my posts im not picking

i dont like interiors mark i DONT LIKE POKER DOTS WHICH PART OF THAT DONT U GET

good luck to u all im saying 60 kg's is not enough to make a difference on road and ur afool if u think it is its just extra noise and motorsport feel, im realist mark dont like to bolt filters on an think ive gained 15bhp like u prob would

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » stripped cars 23 database queries in 0.1815100 seconds