corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » a lovely thud when i go over bumps...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author a lovely thud when i go over bumps...
dna23

User status: Offline
25th Mar 05 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok now im getting a bit confused, i recently lowered my car 60/40 using FK's springs and shocks... i have 16" et 45 alloys with Toyo Proxes tyres on them!

basically when i go over bumps in the road (e.g. where pipes have been fitted and theres a well \_/ like so) and drains .etc i here a loud bang/thud noise, initially i thought this was my arches so i decided to take off the entire mud guard inside to see if this would fix it and also trim my arches (the metal) by about a 1-1.5cm and then the plastic arches themselves about 5mm-1cm but i still get this loud bang/thud... anyone got any ideas?

i was thinking maybe get some talcum powder and coat the wheel then take it out and see if theres any left on the arch after this. failing this is it just my suspension being rough/hard ride and i feel alot more now?

(btw i have taken the bolts of on the arch where it usually bangs so it isn't that and i can't see any clear rubbing on the arches)

[Edited on 25-03-2005 by dna23]
Carr

25th Mar 05 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know what it is but instead of talcum powder try putting masking tape round hte edge of your tyres. ie the bit that it most likely to catch and see if any gets scraped off/cut up
TOMAS

25th Mar 05 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You fitted the bumpstops yeah? What state were they in? Sounds to me like you havent and thats the bang - metal-on-metal!
CorsAsh

25th Mar 05 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exhaust on rear axle? Whats your clearance like?
dna23

25th Mar 05 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bumpstops.... thats most likely it (it aint the exhaust btw) nah i aint fitted bumpstops :S didnt come with them lol... where do i get them from?
broster
Premium Member

25th Mar 05 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use the original ones
dna23

25th Mar 05 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will do
TOMAS

25th Mar 05 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but only use the original ones if they look in good nick. You'll need them front and back. - Problem solved

New Poll