corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » FK Highsports Coilovers & Speedlines, spacers needed?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FK Highsports Coilovers & Speedlines, spacers needed?
X 60RSA

User status: Offline
16th Mar 05 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking of getting some, wondering if spacers are needed at all, im on speedlines which might be a good wheel for the corsa but could cause problems if fitting new suspension..........i'm assuming the inside of the tyre would be very close?
chr15barn3s

16th Mar 05 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive heard that they rub and need spacers as the fit is too perfect on them both that they touch
James@CCC

16th Mar 05 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chr15barn3s
the fit is too perfect on them both that they touch

fantastic logic

i dont no mate, but i wanna no the answer

quite a pointless post really...
Ant

18th Mar 05 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think speedlines are a 49 offset, which means there is a slight chance they may catch yes, but small helper springs and 4mm of spacing to make the wheel et45 should sort it.
GED2.0CORSA

18th Mar 05 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, this is what i have done

u'll need spacers for the centre cap to fit over the castle nut, but not to fit the shocks pull the hub out when fitting the shocks and u shall be fine i would get a pic if i was at home but im at work, this is what i have done !!!

[Edited on 18-03-2005 by GED2.0CORSA]
X 60RSA

18th Mar 05 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aritchie
I think speedlines are a 49 offset, which means there is a slight chance they may catch yes, but small helper springs and 4mm of spacing to make the wheel et45 should sort it.

My plastic arches have already been cut, think thats because it used to have different wheels on it, seem to have bags of room anyway, 4mm spacer shouldn't give me any scrub then. I do have a problem with my centre caps, the stub shafts are eating away at them, wondered what that grinding noise was, only noticed when i have my new tyres put on..........OMG metal filings!

New Poll