corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.6 16v conversion (Yes ive already used the search)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.6 16v conversion (Yes ive already used the search)
white_sri

User status: Offline
9th Mar 05 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had a search and all ive had is info on the 2.0 16 v conversion
basically my 1.4 8v engine has around 110 k on the clock and is coming to the end, i would like to put in either a 1.4 16v or 1.6 16v in as im only 18 so cant afford insurance on anything else.
i would like to know, how much would this cost to do, would it be a straight swap what would need changing.
thanks

sorry for another conversion question
CheesyPeas

9th Mar 05 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by white_sri
ive had a search and all ive had is info on the 2.0 16 v conversion
basically my 1.4 8v engine has around 110 k on the clock and is coming to the end, i would like to put in either a 1.4 16v or 1.6 16v in as im only 18 so cant afford insurance on anything else.
i would like to know, how much would this cost to do, would it be a straight swap what would need changing.
thanks

sorry for another conversion question

Would be a fairly simple conversion and yes would be a straight swop. I would look to pay £300-£500 for a decent C16xe/X16xe. Only other thing to consider changing is brakes etc Go for it lad
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Mar 05 at 01:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From an insurance point of view you may be OK with 1.4 as its the same group. 1.6 is rater far higher - group 11 from 6 for the 1.4.

The only thing you might possibly need to do is the fuel pump as I think the 8v and 16v ones are different. I will stand corrected on that though.
CorsAsh

9th Mar 05 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8v spi won't cope, you'd need pump from an mpi engine, eg the C14SE (1.4 SRi) to be up to the job.
white_sri

9th Mar 05 at 01:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it will probably have to be 1.4 ill ring the insurance company tomorrow and get a quote, yeah ill be sorting the brakes out aswell

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.6 16v conversion (Yes ive already used the search) 22 database queries in 0.0097890 seconds