corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Front & Rear Brake Upgrades for my Corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Front & Rear Brake Upgrades for my Corsa
Fryer

User status: Offline
13th Feb 05 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i know a lot of other modifiers (mainly the guys that drive peugeot's) do both front and rear brake upgrades from other cars higher up the range.
Is this possible on the Corsa B?
I mean i know my 1.2 has drum brakes at the rear but is it possible to upgrade the rear beam to that from a higher spec corsa B which has disc brakes?
and the same applies for the front braking setup - can the discs & calipers be changed for that from a higher spec vauxhall to improve braking at low cost??

I know that is a bit vague but hope it gets across the message!

Thanks for any help guys

Ed
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Feb 05 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No Corsa came with rear discs. Astra stuff will go on with some modification.

As for the fronts - yes, Astra GTE spec, or Vectra V6 which are redrilled for 4 stud hub.
Fryer

13th Feb 05 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool thanks for that Ian.

As for rears, i wasnt aware no corsa's came with rear discs, thought the top spec'd ones did!
thanks for that info, do you know exactly how much work is needed for the Astra rear beam conversion and exactly what parts are needed? will i need handbrake cable and possibly handbrake from the astra? and what else

thanks again for any replies
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Feb 05 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads of info already here, just search for rear discs.
Fryer

13th Feb 05 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah chears just been having a look now, found the v-tuning site as well so thanks again for that mate!

New Poll