corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Amp wiring question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Amp wiring question
britaxcooper

User status: Offline
10th Feb 05 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a side piccy of my amp and the wire im gonna use for +ve, i know its in the wrong terminal in the picture but its just to show the size. How am i ment to wire it to the amp? the fork terminals i have just fit in these came with the amp but the wire is a fair bit bigger than the core of the +ve wire so i cant use them. The gap between the plastic dividing things between the terminals is 6.8mm.

Anyone help please?
corsacman

10th Feb 05 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could just remove some of the copper strands so that it will fit into the fork connector and crimp it down. Is that 8 gauge cable you are using?
britaxcooper

10th Feb 05 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its 4 gauge wire, id thought about that but wasnt sure, i mean if i need to cut it down to fit it in the fork connectors might as well just clamp the attual wire down the clamp/screw things on the amp?
corsacman

10th Feb 05 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could get 4 guage fork connectors and squeeze the two forks together with pliers so it fits into the gap. Ive had to do that in the past.
britaxcooper

10th Feb 05 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah ive got 2 spare ring connectors things for like going on the battery, as the kit has 4 of them, only need 2 (one for earth and +ve)

might mess with one, file it and cut it down, worth a try to make it fit.

If not ill get some fork ones tomorrow
wainey

11th Feb 05 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or you could buy a distribution block and then use an 8gauge from the distribution block load side which would fit alot better mate. also leaves the option to extend your system further with another amp if you wish.
Dom

11th Feb 05 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye, fork connectors, or file some ring connectors down either side or go for the dizzy block idea - its about your only choice mate

New Poll