corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Subs, Amps and componants?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Subs, Amps and componants?
c14nhl

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 05 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am wanted to get 1 12" Sub, and also an amp?
I want to run both the sub and my front componants from it.
Do I need 2 amps?
Also what amp is best to get? I have seen 2 channel, 3 channel, 4 channel and monoblocks?
Don't have a clue.
Thanks
CJ
corsacman

3rd Feb 05 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how much you have to spend and are you wanting it to go loud or sq mainly. The main advantages over two amps is that is allows for better compatiabilty. Like you could have a monoblock that does 1000rms @ 1 ohms for your sub and a separate 2 channel (2x100rms) for your fronts. But it means more wires and space!! If you just got a 4 channel amp that say done 2x100+1x400rms @ 4 ohms bridged then you would need to buy your speakers around they figures and you couldnt get a sub that ran @ 2 ohms.

HTH
c14nhl

3rd Feb 05 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So get 1 monoblock for the sub, and 1 2 channel for the fronts?
Would that be the best?
Thanks
CJ
AdiSRI

3rd Feb 05 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are some good 3 channel amps now, that have a stereo pair and a mono amp all in, not that expensive if u look at say audison SRx 3...

other than that, yeah best option is a 2 channel and a seperate mono (or another 2 channel, depends wat ure after).
c14nhl

3rd Feb 05 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the advice guys, Im finally getting there.
But now I don't have a clue about all the rms stuff and that?
Im hoping to get 1 12" Alpine Type X Sub and also some type X compenents?
Want to keep the amps Alpine as well, but not sure if its worth getting the dearest ones it the cheaper version will do?
Thanks
CJ
corsacman

4th Feb 05 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That Type X is 1000rms and can be wired to 1 ohms. I have heard these need a fair bit of power. The link below is for The Brutus 1500D, it does 1500 rms @ 1 ohms and doesnt cost that much, however that dealer is from the US. He will get you through without paying any taxes etc. How much are you willing to spend on your sub/monoblock??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797&item=5749438267&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

AdiSRI

4th Feb 05 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes the type-X are rated at 1000w RMS, but from sources i know i am reliably informed they NEED 2000w RMS to run properly, they are extrememly stiff.

supposibly sound very good with the right power, but u would be looking at something like a JL 1000/1 on EACH coil!!

New Poll