corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Stiff Window

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stiff Window
Adzy2k2

User status: Offline
20th Jan 05 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey i got windy windows and as i wind them down the get really stiff bout 3/4 of the way down and i need 2 hands to do the last bit any 1 got any ideas wot this is? as i want tints but dont want to get them the have to tear my door apart to fix the window!
dna23

21st Jan 05 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm cud be rubbing on ure speaker, this happened in a mates car, his speaker wasn't sitting right and it rubbed on the back of it or its dragging on a wire, take ure door card off and have a play - can't hurt
Adzy2k2

21st Jan 05 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got 17cm speakers in with adapters! it dont do it on the other door which has the same stuff in it
will be taking it apart on sunday jus wanting to get some ideas of wot it cud be
Adzy2k2

21st Jan 05 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
heybertuk

21st Jan 05 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does it 2 but its ok in the wet
broster
Premium Member

21st Jan 05 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

may just need the seal popping back o nthe runner etc, get a can of wd40 and soak it all....maybe some vaseline to rub on the runners etc grease it all up
Will94

22nd Jan 05 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i agree with broster on this one.... chances are the rubber popped out around the window... follow it all round. if u grab it round the frame its easily popped out and will jam the window like a <unt!
Adzy2k2

23rd Jan 05 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that sounds about rite i was thinking it rubbing on my speaker wud make a scraping noise!

Heybertuk mine is exactly the same, i usually pour water on my window before i go out when its hot so i know i can get the window down!
Its so annoyin wen you see a fitie walking down the road so u think ah i wind down the window and up look like a <ock wen its gets to the stiff bit and end up using 2 hands!

Cheers Broster and Will 94 will be doing this on sunday if it aint to cold! wil let u know if it works
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd Jan 05 at 03:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely if it was your speakers then it would have done it from the day that you fitted them?

The window runners have a 'hairy' finish which does wear down eventually, pull the rubber right off the vertical edge of the door and spread it out see if there is a clean bit inside where the edge of the glass sits. If so it needs replacing or in the short term vaseline if or you can get special rubber lubricant designed for the job and probably easier to apply.
Adzy2k2

23rd Jan 05 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey sorted this today, i pulled the vertical runners from the door and it seemed slightly worn smooth, cudnt be asked with replacing them as it looks well fiddly! jus got a can of wd40 and soaked the rubber and the smooth bit seemed to disappear slightly, done this on both the vertical rubber bits and the window goes up and down a dream! cheers for u help
ali_kerr_86

23rd Jan 05 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need 2 do that 2 mine 1 of ma windows is stiff
Adzy2k2

30th Jan 05 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

7 days later and its starting to get stiff again! any1 got more ideas other than WD40?
supacook2k

30th Jan 05 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine also does his, when i bought it, it was like it with the standard speakers in! its fine when the window is wet though!
Adzy2k2

30th Jan 05 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh same here, sprayed wd40 on the runners and it solved the problem for 7 days! bu the problem is coming back altho it is not as bad yet
broster
Premium Member

30th Jan 05 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

replace then runners of use vasaline...
supacook2k

30th Jan 05 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what needs to be done then! take the door cards off and then what! never taken them off before so dont know what i'm looking for?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
30th Jan 05 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adzy2k2
7 days later and its starting to get stiff again!
Read my reply, if they are worn you will need to replace them.
Adzy2k2

30th Jan 05 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do i do this tho? sum1 told me id have to drill throught the inner door skin and then get it weled back on? seems a bit compicated!

New Poll