corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What can i do?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What can i do?
corsa_jim

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 05 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right people ive got a Carabic Blue SRI and im at a loss what to do with the colour. At the moment its colour coded and thats it with green side lights. ive got a full undercar LED kit in green witch i was going to put on after i fit the GSI kit but i dont know weather i should any more, ive also got couple of small red neons for inside from my old corsa. So do i go for a full under kit in red and red inside or green inside and out or green out and red inside? My interior is all standard to part from the usual interior dash bits witch i have sprayed halios blue witch is like a silver with a slight blue tindge i was hopeing to get it all retrimmer in black leather and black alcantara(sp) with a colour close to the hailos blue incorpirated into the seats. but would the green neons look out of place with that colour scheem(sp) inside?

sorry for the essay but thanks for reading through and adding your coments to help me out

Thanks again Jim
Joff

3rd Jan 05 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

#1 stop playing with neons. Your car isn't a flying saucer.

#2 do you need to change the colour? If you're at a loss, maybe thats because you don't need to change it.

If you need to change it, then red under car kit, green inside except for the helios blue red bits then black alcantara up to the red bits and some contrasting green stitching along the LEDS.
Karnage Corsa

3rd Jan 05 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jim Personally I would lose the neons altogether mate, and dont change the colour once you get he kit fitted you will be very happy with it trust me mate whens it going in anyway ?
corsa_jim

3rd Jan 05 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if i keep the green kit go green inside also but what do i do with the dash do i go for a match to the cars body or black?
corsa_jim

3rd Jan 05 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The GSI kits still goin on paul the led kit i got isnt a realy bright glow its very sutoul (sp) its going in maby end of jan feb time for the respray n bits
Joff

3rd Jan 05 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What colour is the dash at the moment is it a light grey or is it a dark grey why not get a dash from a corsa sport or a gsi or something a bit nicer dont paint all the dash but instead just use a highlight colour remember less is more

deep breath

when painting the dash its too easy to get carried away and do every little bit in the same colour instead pick out maybe four or five main areas that you can colour code like the passenger side bar above the glove box the mfd cover the heater dials surround the dash binnacle above the clocks and then the door grab handles also fit electric windows if youve got manual which i think youll have.
Karnage Corsa

3rd Jan 05 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could of had my dash and experemented with it mate still got loads of interior bits if you wanna colour code though
vibrio
Banned

3rd Jan 05 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suggest checking out http://www.corsa-crazy.com for more info on this subject. they are after all No1 for corsa chat
Joff

3rd Jan 05 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, did you say No1 for corsa chav?
corsa_jim

3rd Jan 05 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joff the dash is dark gray mate ive coded the air vents mfd cover heater dials console and clocks suround in the hailos blue ive got the fues box cover done in carbon fiber film and the air slider pannel
Joff

3rd Jan 05 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep the dark grey and get some standard unpainted air vents go for large solid areas of colour rather than parts that are broken up like air vents or small parts like the heater dials themselves instead do the areas around them.
corsa_jim

3rd Jan 05 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right im not wating gearish in your face stuff the LED kit dosent hav to got on i dont want big fiberglass kits its not how i want it to look the cars body work will be smothed where possible with a gsi kit and im after an interior to match just retrimmed seats with small amounts of colour to high light it
corsa_jim

3rd Jan 05 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so scrap the vents do i go for the dark gray 1s or black as the lower kick pannels n door sill plates are black
Joff

3rd Jan 05 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do the areas on the dash that are red:

Not too sure about the centre console around the gear lever.
corsa_jim

3rd Jan 05 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right got you so do you think if i stick with the hailos blue n get the seats done black leather n alcantara with a colour to match the hailos blue sumwhere on the seats stitching or pipeing ? ditch the LED kit n inside to?
Joff

3rd Jan 05 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scrap the LEDs completely.

Black leather, charcoal grey alcantara and a contrasting stitch (helios blue if the rest of the interior has helios blue highlights).

[Edited on 03-01-2005 by Joff]
corsa_jim

3rd Jan 05 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice 1 thats why i went for the hailos blue because its a nice sutol(sp) colour that matches the carabic blue with it haveing a blue tindge in it. so ditch the outside LED kit what about inside need a sort off mood lighting so what colour do i go for
Joff

3rd Jan 05 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mood lighting? wtf Just change the dash bulb colour but otherwise don't worry about it - other lighting will just distract you when you're driving. If you're not driving, why are you sitting in your car - you have reached your destination

[Edited on 03-01-2005 by Joff]
corsa_jim

3rd Jan 05 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mood lighting like to emphsise bits in the car like peddles thats sort of idea
Joff

3rd Jan 05 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's special about your pedals?
corsa_jim

3rd Jan 05 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steinmetz pedal extensions just a gentle light to show them off
Joff

3rd Jan 05 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turn the light off.
corsa_jim

3rd Jan 05 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok well when its all sorted il get sumeone to host some pics for me an show you all how ive come along see if you aprove thankx for the help lads (joff)

Jim
Joff

3rd Jan 05 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have lights near your pedals, I won't approve. Ever.
Karnage Corsa

3rd Jan 05 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill host em for u m8

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What can i do? 22 database queries in 0.1087260 seconds