corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ECU Code 24 - Vehicle Speed Sensor (X16XE)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ECU Code 24 - Vehicle Speed Sensor (X16XE)
PaulW

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 04 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well first time I've evere read a fault code on the ECU & was shittin it that I'd fry the damn thing

On my GSi earlier on the way back from Liverpool... the ECU light came on & when I stopped at some lights, the engine just stopped...

restarted the engine & it idled a bit low for a few seconds & then got back to normal & has been fine since (about 35miles)

Checked online, but there isnt a GSi listed with an X16XE Engine, but checking the X14XE and C16XE, they both say Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) as Code 24. (my car has a 10=pin ALDL Connector)

just wonderiong what could cause this sensor to go, is it in the dials? linked to the ABS Sensors? what?

confused now...
Rileysport

23rd Dec 04 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its integral to the clocks mate.... time for a new set
PaulW

23rd Dec 04 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhh cnuts

well for now I suppose I can see how it goes, but the speedo is a bit jumpy at 30mph, but I always passed it off as the cable from the gearbox...
3CorsaMeal

23rd Dec 04 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be a bit of dirt etc
J100RSA

24th Dec 04 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can just but the sensor seperate
chris_clare

24th Dec 04 at 03:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It doesn’t necessarily mean that the sensor is f*#ked it could be anything from a loose connection or broken piece of wiring. The reason why the revs dropped is because the ECU went into limpo mode. this allows the car to run safely with the fault. i'd just get it checked out properly.
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Dec 04 at 03:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ABS has its own light, which you would see if the sensors were reading differently from each other.
Adam-D

24th Dec 04 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this on mine

jr

24th Dec 04 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mini throws up this fault as well,, but just keep driving with the em light on, doesnt seem to affect it

New Poll