corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » starting problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author starting problems
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
19th Dec 04 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone have any ideas what this could be I have had an astra v registration 1.7td for a week, on startup its very hard to start but if you keep the key in the starting direction it eventually starts I dont have any idea what this could be.

The thing is once the van is started its brilliant for the rest of the day it starts propperly everytime until the next mornign it runs fine no hesitation nice and smooth doing my head in thinkign maybe spark plugs and a good service might do the trick just hoping its nothing major as I had problem afetr problem with the valver, thanks for reading please help many thanks Paul...
Adam-D

19th Dec 04 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check 3 things
batterey
glow plugs
alternator

Karnage Corsa

19th Dec 04 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think it can be battery or alternator mate seems to be plenty of life when its trying to start the glow plugs have just been brought to my attention by a mate so thinking maybe its that does anyone know what time halfords will be open till tonight or does it shut at 4 ? any ideas on a price for a set of these 2 please ? cheers
Adam-D

19th Dec 04 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

halfords shut at 5 on a sunday
looking at £30 for a set of 4 mate they open at 9 till 8 on monday
Karnage Corsa

19th Dec 04 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate I just hope its that I wouldnt care I have driven nearly 400 miles in the past 2 days it should be in mint condition but its just that start up in the morning thats doing it
myke

19th Dec 04 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you waiting for the glow plugs to warm up?
normally there will be a light on on the dash to say they're not quite ready. keep the ignition on untill the light goes out then start it.
Karnage Corsa

20th Dec 04 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes I am doing that its a tiny green symbol that looks like 2 little wires definately doing that, althouth when I picked the van up I done it a couple of times without waiting could that of harmed it, ever since then I have waited. Going to get some glow plugs tonight and then gettting a ful major service this week too
Greasemonkey

20th Dec 04 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when the light goes out turn ignition off and then back on again let the glow plugs heat up a second time even maybe a 3rd see if that helps
corsa3.0v6

20th Dec 04 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What engines in it, isuzu td or vauxhall td?
Karnage Corsa

20th Dec 04 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my gaffer seems to think its the isuzu bought some heater plugs tonight so see if that works it blooody better I bought the bosch ones cost me nearly £50
corsa_jim

20th Dec 04 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

told you paul im 100% its heater plugs lol trust me im a mechanic

Jim
Karnage Corsa

21st Dec 04 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got the heater plugs changed today to bosch ones but what a nightmare I had, the two on the far right came out a piece of p!ss, but the two on the left I had a nightmare with I snapped a socket on one of em so I gave up give my gaffer a call and he sorted it for me, had to get a blow torch on them heat them up and then take them out that way cos could not get them out with a spanner or socket as there wa not enough room,anyway there all done and sounds a bit better done the air filter so just the fuel filter and oil change to do on Thursday or saturday

New Poll