corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Need quick help, Re: two different noises

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need quick help, Re: two different noises
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
10th Dec 04 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only me. cars done 106,000mile

firstly the engine sounds knackered now, sounds real rough on idle and when revving it to about 2k rpm, then the noise goes away.

sounds like a diesel kinda noise, real knocky and tappy, like an old wobbly bearing etc

put oil treatment and more oil in last week and is still there.

BUT, just now the front left wheel is making a squealing noise, worse when i turn left, goes away when i turn right, car sounds like a granny's bike with squeaky brakes etc.

is that a wheel bearing??
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Dec 04 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These could both be many things!
3CorsaMeal

10th Dec 04 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but they could also not be many other things.

which of the many things is it more likely to be on a 106,000 car, bearing in mind brakes are new, it had MOT last week and suspension kit and 15"s were fitted.
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Dec 04 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has the wheel noise only appeared since changing the wheels?

You got other wheels to throw back on to check?
3CorsaMeal

13th Dec 04 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update:

wheel noise has gone tried everything and can't make it start again.

it wasn't there for 2 weeks after wheels got put on, then started, now has gone.

and more worried about the engine, it may have to get ripped out early

New Poll