corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Exhaust question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhaust question
-wylo-

User status: Offline
7th Dec 04 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would like to know what exhausts people have put on their 2L's. Mine is a bit of cavvy/corsa welded together with no back box (because the peco from the cavvy didnt fit) It's restricting the car alot and sounds completely shite and too loud.

Do most of you get someone to build up a custom one (such as powerflow) or do the likes of a corsa GSI exhaust have a big enough bore to work effectively on the 2L? (mine is the 8v so the most effective bore of pipe might be smaller then that of the valver )

Or have you went for the quickly throw anything together approach like myself?

Any help is appreciated.
TOMAS

8th Dec 04 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've recently been looking into this myself as ive just had a valver fitted.

Std valver bore is 2.00" whereas Corsa is 1.75". The best size would probably be a 2.25" bore with filter. Does yours have a CAT? There a a few options...

Magnex Corsa 1.6 cat-back is 2.0" bore upto where it meets the rest of the Corsa system.

Scorpion do a Grp A Corsa system - this is 2.5" bore, a little too large for Valver engines.

Custom, the BEST method really, you can get one made from Manifold back and you should be looking at 2.25" bore and upwards of £300 for a stainless system with 2 silencer boxes.
-wylo-

8th Dec 04 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres no cat on it so i'm really gonna have to get a system made up. Who's the best people to do it? I can get a discount at the local garage who do powerflow but its still gonna be near £300 which i aint keen on paying.
TOMAS

8th Dec 04 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£300 with Discount for a powerflow is steep - the quality of them is usually poor too. Ascar at Sheffield are good, although your Location sounds Scottish? Hows about Yell.Com "Exhaust's" in your area, you'll be suprised how many small-time custom exhaust manufacturers there are.

New Poll