corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Computer peeps pls help trojan horse???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Computer peeps pls help trojan horse???
GT4Brody

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 04 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have recently changed my virus software from norton 2002 to avg 7, and upon doing a virus scan, i have dicovered that 6 files on my c drive are infected with a trojan horse.

Avg is coming up with Backdoor infected,embedded object, and tells you which file its in.

Avg wont let me quarentine the trojans, anyone know how i might get rid of them???

Cheers
Mark
scott d

22nd Nov 04 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

boot up into safe mode which can be done by pressing either 'ESC' or 'F8' its defiantly one of those keys, that will load up with a bare amount of processes needed to run Windows so non of the trojans will be running.

Do a full system scan and it should allow you to remove them all.
liamC

22nd Nov 04 at 01:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yip, as scott said, boot up in safe mode and find and delete them.

avg should give you a location of where the trojans are, so find that folder and job should be a good'n.

Fun and games start when the trojans found arent in the folders which the AV Software says theyre in..happened with me...complete pain in the arse.

[Edited on 22-11-2004 by liamC]

New Poll