corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Viruses Grrrrr!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Viruses Grrrrr!
Phil Hall

User status: Offline
6th May 04 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just discovered I have 5 varients of the Trojan Horse virus on my computer. My existing antivirus software cannot remove them and its really starting to do my head in.

If I leave the pc for 30 mins or so the message Lablan.A virus was detected. Then I have to run the antivirus software which never finds or cleans it but gets rid of the message.

That was the one I was trying to remove when I found out I had 5 trojan horse varients. They dont cause any harm ie I havnt lost any data and they dont seem to slowing the PC down at all, I just want rid of them!

Ive read that you have to find and remove them then delete their path in your windows directory coz they just reinstall them selves everytine you turn the PC on again.

I just wish I could use the "Invite a friend to help with assistance" function to get Bill Gates to work on it for a while - Its your fault ya bastid! you fix it!!

Anybody had any success in removing these?

And

Pop-Ups. I reguraly delete my temp files, cookies, history and offline content. I use Google Toolbar and still I get loads of popups. But they all seem to be from what could be classed as reputable companies ie. British Gas, Halifax, Ritz Hotels etc Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I F U C K I N G HATE popups!!

[Edited on 06-05-2004 by Phil Hall]

[Edited on 06-05-2004 by Phil Hall]
Marc

6th May 04 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.symantec.com/downloads

or format c
Greg_M

6th May 04 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what nortan is created for, to stop you gettin them in the first place
Phil Hall

6th May 04 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been told that if u format C, the path still remaind in your directories. I was in the middle of backing up all my music and stuff when my mate told me this!! Any help would be much appreciated..
Dan B

6th May 04 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Phil Hall
Pop-Ups. I reguraly delete my temp files, cookies, history and offline content. I use Google Toolbar and still I get loads of popups. But they all seem to be from what could be classed as reputable companies ie. British Gas, Halifax, Ritz Hotels etc Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I F U C K I N G HATE popups!!

Firstly, if your anti-virus program won't remove, get a decent one...

Pop-ups, are they the usual pop-up windows you'd get with your browser, or are they the kind that look like Windows broadcast messages? If the former, get some spy/ad-ware remover software (download SpyBot Search'N'Destroy from http://download.com). If the latter, you can disable the Messenger service if you're running 2k or XP - reply if it's these you're getting, and I'll post instructions on how to do it in 2k or XP (let me know which you're using).
Phil Hall

6th May 04 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have disabled the messenger service already, so they do appear to be spyware based, Ill try a removal tool for the trojan Ive just found first then try the spyware killer thingy...

New Poll