corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » RCA leads

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author RCA leads
mrpbailey

User status: Offline
11th Nov 04 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 1100W amp has 3 lots of holes for RCA leads, but i only have 1 set. When i wire it up i can only get power to the speakers that my rca's r plugged into, say the sub............ do i need RCA cables that split off into 3 sets or is there a special way of wiring it up?
i wanna run a sub, rear speakers and front speakers thru it
neiliosxi

11th Nov 04 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 could be a line out mate, u should have 2 sets to a 4 channel amp, the splitters rnt the best way to go but can be used.
mrpbailey

11th Nov 04 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its confusing cos its up to 6 channel
the RCA r labeled 'front' 'rear' and 'sub'. i can only run 1 set from my head unit.
neiliosxi

11th Nov 04 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ideally u need a headunit with 3 preouts, but if u are only running 4 channels then u can use a y splitter. get 1 off ebay for £1
AdiSRI

11th Nov 04 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no u need a hu with 3 pre outs really, otherwise all the speakers will play the signal from whichever output u use on the hu.

u will have no fader front to rear....
mrpbailey

11th Nov 04 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but can i not bridge it all onto the speaker outputs from 1 of the RCA things? wot effevct will that have?

whats the score with the RCA splitters? 2male - 1femal n stuff like that, which do i need?
how could i just run 6x9's and a sub with highest possible power?
Dom

11th Nov 04 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mrpbailey
but can i not bridge it all onto the speaker outputs from 1 of the RCA things? wot effevct will that have?

whats the score with the RCA splitters? 2male - 1femal n stuff like that, which do i need?
how could i just run 6x9's and a sub with highest possible power?

if you only have a 1set of preouts from your HU mate, then i would invest in a line driver (thinks thats the name) where it takes in one input, and splits into X outputs - but also increases the gain on those X outputs to keep the signal as strong as poss for the amp

like adi said, using a splitter or one of those ^ jobbies, means that you wont beable to use fader/balance controls. Only way to avoid this is to replace the HU etc
Richie

11th Nov 04 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id say get a fusion 1/2 din size line driver/controller. Turns one set of preouts into 3. 2x high passes for front and rear, and a sub out

very handy piece of kit:

Not sure if you can pick em up anymore but ive seen some left in shops
AdiSRI

12th Nov 04 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that box looks pretty damn good, hmm i know a m8 with a single RCA hu who wats to have sub and amp....

any idea how much it was?

New Poll