corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine mount bolts worked loose! NOO!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine mount bolts worked loose! NOO!
X 60RSA

User status: Offline
25th Oct 04 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my car back from the garage saturday, everything was ok apart from a rattle, nothing major, just a silent-ish vibrating rattle! I had a look under the bonnet with the engine on, couldn't distinguish where it was coming from so gave up! Driving through town today and heard a little 'ting' ting' ting' CLUNK sound........

When i got home, popped the bonnet again to reveal a missing engine mount bolt from the block and the one next to it was loose! Terrific!

It appears that the mount is lower than the screw holes on the block.......shouldn't this be the other way around...........but i suppse the weight on one bolt has created a pivot, thus beig the reason for the block appearing to be higher than the engine mount hole.........

Sorry for the blabber guys! Basically, could i cause alot of damage driving it to the garage for someone to sort it for me........

Its an XE'd corsa incase you were wondering........
RobHayes

25th Oct 04 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sort it yourself, your supposed to be an engineer. jack the engine up til the bolt holes are aligned and then whack a bolt in?
X 60RSA

25th Oct 04 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i know! I'm a lazy sod lol I'm not sure if the mount is fcuked ya see.......there isn't alot of room to see but i'm not 110% happy with the way it looks.
RobHayes

25th Oct 04 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if it is, take it off, dont use the car, bring it in to work and you could easily get one made.
could even make a few and then sell them on ebay?
X 60RSA

25th Oct 04 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to drive it steady to my dads work tomorrow night so they can check it over on wednesday.......just had another look at the mount and i think the rubber has collapsed as well...........

In the mount there is rubber all the way around..correct? Well mine is over 10mm from the top.......maybe this is ok, i have no idea with not knowing how they should look as they arent a standard mount........
Adam_B

25th Oct 04 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just do what rob says, jack it up and put another bolt in. Engine mount will be fine, ive lost loads of bolts doing trackdays n stuff
X 60RSA

25th Oct 04 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
just do what rob says, jack it up and put another bolt in. Engine mount will be fine, ive lost loads of bolts doing trackdays n stuff

Okie dokie, where do i want to be putting the jack? Its the mount to the block that needs re-alligning........
RobHayes

25th Oct 04 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by X 60RSA
quote:

Okie dokie, where do i want to be putting the jack? Its the mount to the block that needs re-alligning........

on the engine
Adam_B

25th Oct 04 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by X 60RSA
quote:

if you have a trolly jack just slide it under the front with a big peice of wood across the bottom of the sump then jack it up until the holes match up. if the car is very low you might need to jack it up on one of the front jacking points as well. Can have it sorted in 10 mins
X 60RSA

25th Oct 04 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks buddy!
ainsley_brader

25th Oct 04 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who did the conversion out of interest?
X 60RSA

25th Oct 04 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not got a clue, bought it like it m8!