corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 306 gti -6 or 2.0 corsa

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 306 gti -6 or 2.0 corsa
R Lee

User status: Offline
16th Oct 04 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go for a change of cars.

pug is a little more exotic, so get that.
MattyB

16th Oct 04 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by goldfish
quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
306 everytime.

straight out the box will give u 7.5 to 60, and 140mph, oh and lovely 6 gears. Filter, induction, and that corsa aint gettin away.

Then u got air con, leather/alacantara, better looking, auto lights/wipers, loadsa air bags, discs all round, real alu dash.....basically a luxury hot hatch.

Oh, and dont even get me started on handling. lol. 306 is one of the best handling production cars ever built. A front heavy 2.0 corsa..... keep to straight roads.

Matt

good hanlding cars don;t have lift off oversteer

Oh, sorry, what your saying is Peugeot 306s are good handling. Ok mate,

Oh, and when someone asks me what i would prefer from a car, controllable lift off over steer on a tight well designed chassis, or understeer and extreme roll from a dated over weight chassis, i know what i'll choose.

MattyB

16th Oct 04 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LukeGSi
Corsa XE. Ignore myths of poor handling, most people that say "keep them on straight roads" etc have probably never seen one let alone driven one. Get a decent shell and decent suspension and you've got a top motor that will more than suprise many other "hot hatches"

Driven nova and corsa XEs, both on road and track days, with £100's spent on suspension set up.

Done the same in my bro's GTi6 when it was bog standard, and it would tear the corsa apart.

Matt
LukeGSi

17th Oct 04 at 06:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree the pug is a niec motor and will out handle the corsa, the point I was making is providing the corsa has good suspension set up it won't be half as bad as some poeple like to make out. Given the choice I would have a corsa. For built quality and reliability more than anything else
Cybermonkey

17th Oct 04 at 06:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
306 everytime.

straight out the box will give u 7.5 to 60, and 140mph, oh and lovely 6 gears. Filter, induction, and that corsa aint gettin away.

Then u got air con, leather/alacantara, better looking, auto lights/wipers, loadsa air bags, discs all round, real alu dash.....basically a luxury hot hatch.

Oh, and dont even get me started on handling. lol. 306 is one of the best handling production cars ever built. A front heavy 2.0 corsa..... keep to straight roads.

Matt

huh? The renault Clio Sport Cup has some crazy lift off oversteer yet it still has amazing handling. Bites like a bitch and keeps on line.
white_gsi

17th Oct 04 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pud get the 2.0 corsa. your not thinking of buying seans banger are u!!!!!
corsa120

17th Oct 04 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

end of the day it does come down to the driver too, guts and sheer idiotity would make a shit handling car beat a good handling car

the car is just the tool, not the operater aswell
Andy_N9~DYB

17th Oct 04 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ffs gys this is a corsa club...me thinks most of u would be better suited to pgac..

two of ma mates deano and aceman have c20xe'd corsas...both homebuilt and both great fun.

ive had a 306 and apart from the good hanling the rest is shit....
Sam
Premium Member

17th Oct 04 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not been out in a 2.0 Corsa but I have been out in a GTi-6 and they are pretty rapid.

If you want less hassle, go for the Pug. If you want something different (ie. from standard), go for a 2.0 Corsa. Simple!
mk4_astra

17th Oct 04 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

306 gti-6, but as someone mentioned earlier i would try and hunt down a 306 rallye as there rarer, quicker and have less electric gadgets to go wrong,which they will do on a pug
Recaro1

17th Oct 04 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a GTi-6 and it is good. Engine is reliable as long as it looked after. Main problem is cambelt failure. Had mine 2 years and (touch wood) its been fine.

Not been in out on a 2 litre corsa so I cant comment on the difference between handling and performance.

You do get a lot for your money, Leather, Air con, 6 gears, great handling (thrown it into some tricky corners that i dont think my old corsa would of been able to handle), great performance, discs all round, etc.

Worse thing about the 306, is the main dealers. They are rubbish. Parts are alot cheaper from GSF. I do all the work myself.

Check out the GTI-6 owners club for more details.

I looked at a Rallye as its quicker, but I wanted the ceature comforts (leather, air con, etc) and they are rare.

[Edited on 17-10-2004 by Recaro1]
J da Silva

17th Oct 04 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People saying certain engines are crap is bollocks! It costs millions to design an engine and get a production line going. I just think it's the people who drive them, the more tuned the engine, the more chavs give them some hammer and wreck them.
goldfish
Banned

17th Oct 04 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
306 everytime.

Matt

Oh, sorry, what your saying is Peugeot 306s are good handling. Ok mate,

Oh, and when someone asks me what i would prefer from a car, controllable lift off over steer on a tight well designed chassis, or understeer and extreme roll from a dated over weight chassis, i know what i'll choose.

no I am saying theat the 306 is very prone to lift of oversteer. in fact a couple of mags trashed their 306's because of it.

I'd not choose a car that would spin when you come off the throttle such as the 306 does. in the hands of someone who does not know what they are doing (90% of drivers) this is a bad thing
Bonzai

17th Oct 04 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

205 is prone to lift ff oversteer and its reputed to be one of the best handling cars ever.

ok it can be a very dangerous thing, but on a car like that, someone who doesnt give the car respect to learn how to drive it deserves to crash the dam thing
MattyB

17th Oct 04 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^^ exactly as Bonzai says

Sorry Luke, but your simply havent driven a pug hot hatch have you

As for people who have trashed their 306s......fair douz, but this happens to all cars.

Saying that, the amount of "under steer into a........" incidents i've read on this forum alone in the last 3 years of using it, is comical. Not to mention the amount of money i had to spend on my corsa, and fiddling around with the suspension to get it to handle half decently

IMO, you simply cant beat a torsion bar at the rear.

Matt
MattyB

17th Oct 04 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

no I am saying theat the 306 is very prone to lift of oversteer. in fact a couple of mags trashed their 306's because of it.

I'd not choose a car that would spin when you come off the throttle such as the 306 does. in the hands of someone who does not know what they are doing (90% of drivers) this is a bad thing

Someone who doesnt know what they are doing will crash any car. IMO, its more likely in a car that handles like a bag of shi.t.e as standard. ie: a corsa.

Liftoff oversteer is extremely controllable. In fact, its fun. You dont spin, unless ur doing stupid speeds, or you have chav tyres. You simply find the back "drifting" softly to the side in most cases. The GTI6/Rallye is even better, as it had thicker torsion bars and a thicker anti roll bar, meaning even better handling.

Anyway, saying that, why the hell would you want to come complete off throttle half way through a corner, if you were trying to make it round quickly??

Matt

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 306 gti -6 or 2.0 corsa 22 database queries in 0.0124650 seconds