corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » is there any guide to do fiberglass boot installs?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author is there any guide to do fiberglass boot installs?
impacter

User status: Offline
7th Oct 04 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wnt a fiberglass boot install in my car. but i need someone to do it. but it don't look like its happening. too much time in labour costs. is there a guide how to fiberglass or anything? i mite just learn.
ed

7th Oct 04 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope no guide. I'll write you one now though....

Measure, and measure again, it would be embaracing to get that wrong....
Remove as much interior as you can including carpet and seats because it will get messy(Might be a good idea to remove the tailgate and rear bumper if your working insude)....
Dynamat the hell outa the area your gonna be fitting the install to cos it won't come out after you have made it in most cases.
Make an MDF and timber frame of the shape you want and secure it to the floor properly too using something like coach bolts or self tapping screws. Make all the sub boxes to the correct size and seal the joints with P40.
Smooth all the edges and make the shapes you want with fibreglass, if your install can be removed then it might be a good idea to do that, but if its in there permentantly then you have to do it in the car. Smooth the fibreglass out with P38 filler.
Paint, trim, or whatever your gonna do to it, again, do this outside the car if you can...
impacter

7th Oct 04 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers
MJ

7th Oct 04 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer there is one

Here You Go
Ally

9th Oct 04 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good tutorial
therafiman

9th Oct 04 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/showthread.php?t=135835

Its a huge list of tutorials, quite a few fibreglass ones in there.

New Poll