corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » smoothed boot........

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author smoothed boot........
dragoncorsa

User status: Offline
   18th Apr 03 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who has done it them selves? cud u tell us sum details cos i want 2 do it my self?
birdy_sri

18th Apr 03 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a plate welded ov to the gap but about half a cm from being flush itself !! the n get sum filler and fill the half cm gap wiv filler and smooth it off so its nice and even all tha way across and no ripples in it !!! as for covering the lock hole and wiper hole you need to get a tiny bit of metale that just fits in nicely, ten just spot weld them in at each corner, the go over them wiv filler !!! then once you have sanded everything down got rid of all the weld and gone over it wiv filler, makin sure its all smooth all over, spray away mate !!!
Marc

18th Apr 03 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bearin in mind car body panels r less than 2mm thick. dont attept it with ne thing other than mig.
dragoncorsa

18th Apr 03 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where do i get one of these plate to cover the gap from?
Dan
Premium Member

18th Apr 03 at 10:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah mate u a big arc welder....will b spot on

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
dragoncorsa

18th Apr 03 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont get u fella can u explain? i no this mite sound stupid but like the old sayin goes "u got 2 ask the stupid questions otherwise u wont learn"
dragoncorsa

18th Apr 03 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT can any1 tell us exactly wot 2 do?
PanaceA

18th Apr 03 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

***ATTENTION***
The best and cheapest way to smooth your boot is to buy a one of those new smooth boot kits. In a nut shell they're a molded peice of plastic that fits over your boot perfectly. They're really easy to fit and once fitted all they need is to be painted. You can pick one up for £40. I have a few friends that have these and they look as good as an expensive, professional welded job.
I'm not sure where you can get them from but they are available from plenty of places. There is a web site that sells them pretty cheap as well.
dragoncorsa

18th Apr 03 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PanaceA
***ATTENTION***
The best and cheapest way to smooth your boot is to buy a one of those new smooth boot kits. In a nut shell they're a molded peice of plastic that fits over your boot perfectly. They're really easy to fit and once fitted all they need is to be painted. You can pick one up for £40. I have a few friends that have these and they look as good as an expensive, professional welded job.
I'm not sure where you can get them from but they are available from plenty of places. There is a web site that sells them pretty cheap as well.

has anyone heard of these cos i havent and i want sum more opinions on them------please, iv heard there a fiberglass panel i can get which i can use and then use filler, does any1 no where i can get these fiberglass ones from?
bcocky

18th Apr 03 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

koncept developments sell em, u want to speak to either scott or koni, they both use the board, drop em a u2u or an email and im sure theyd b able to help u out

brian
dragoncorsa

18th Apr 03 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brain who here works 4 koncepts?

New Poll