corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » crx del sol vs 106 Gti or Saxo Vts

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author crx del sol vs 106 Gti or Saxo Vts
Cybermonkey

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 04 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by goldfish
quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
quote:
quote:
FPMSL, i sold the pug to my old boss before i emmigrated for £50 more than i bought it for, he gave it to his son and the next day his son was involved in a horrific head on crash with a subaru and a pissed up owner. The pug saved his life, was in intensive care for a week, but had he been in a FIAT, he may well have died. i praise the sturdy pug for saving my boss' son

your comment makes no sense. I doubt your pug would have got even 1 star on the EURO NCAP test

Yet again mr universe makes a dumb ass comment believing that owning a Corsa C 1.0 allows him to make judgemental decisions on just about everything. The car was a 1.8 diesel, very heavy and in tip top condition with no rust whatsoever. Old 205's were actually very solid cars, and the fact that the rear windshield could be smashed easily led to his ease of escape after smelling petrol wafting around.

yet again my spunkymonkey fails to understand. modern cars are designed to crumple. this absorbs energy from the impact. cars like the 205 just collapse in a non discript way. a corsa C is much safer than a heap 'O' crap 205

it seems you dont understand. cars have been designed since the 50's with crumple zones at the forefront of bodywork design. muppet.
goldfish
Banned

3rd Oct 04 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
FPMSL, i sold the pug to my old boss before i emmigrated for £50 more than i bought it for, he gave it to his son and the next day his son was involved in a horrific head on crash with a subaru and a pissed up owner. The pug saved his life, was in intensive care for a week, but had he been in a FIAT, he may well have died. i praise the sturdy pug for saving my boss' son

your comment makes no sense. I doubt your pug would have got even 1 star on the EURO NCAP test

Yet again mr universe makes a dumb ass comment believing that owning a Corsa C 1.0 allows him to make judgemental decisions on just about everything. The car was a 1.8 diesel, very heavy and in tip top condition with no rust whatsoever. Old 205's were actually very solid cars, and the fact that the rear windshield could be smashed easily led to his ease of escape after smelling petrol wafting around.

yet again my spunkymonkey fails to understand. modern cars are designed to crumple. this absorbs energy from the impact. cars like the 205 just collapse in a non discript way. a corsa C is much safer than a heap 'O' crap 205

it seems you dont understand. cars have been designed since the 50's with crumple zones at the forefront of bodywork design. muppet.

crumple zones were designed in the 40s however they are not like what they are today. the energy transfer through a 205 is different to that of a corsa C. in fact cars of the early 90's saxo, corsa b punto mk1 have terrible safety features compared to todays modern designs.

my statment still stands that the 205 is unsfe comapred to modern cars
Cybermonkey

3rd Oct 04 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

crumple zones were designed in the 40s however they are not like what they are today. the energy transfer through a 205 is different to that of a corsa C. in fact cars of the early 90's saxo, corsa b punto mk1 have terrible safety features compared to todays modern designs.

WTF are you arguing about?? All i stated was that i would rather have been in that crash in the 205 rather than a Rover Metro, or another equally bad designed car.
goldfish
Banned

3rd Oct 04 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

WTF are you arguing about?? All i stated was that i would rather have been in that crash in the 205 rather than a Rover Metro, or another equally bad designed car.

it's because your gay
Siberia

3rd Oct 04 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what a funny thread... all we now is daimo and it would be just like old days....
Nismo

3rd Oct 04 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm
Cybermonkey

4th Oct 04 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
what a funny thread... all we now is daimo and it would be just like old days....

What are you saying? Goldfish is the new Gaimo?
goldfish
Banned

4th Oct 04 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

no he is saying goldfish is the new vibrio I think
Cybermonkey

4th Oct 04 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

you arent half the man he is
goldfish
Banned

4th Oct 04 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

yes I have seen his previous work
Cybermonkey

4th Oct 04 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

he is a legend. However, the mesh over his FMIC is not
goldfish
Banned

4th Oct 04 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

he is a legend. However, the mesh over his FMIC is not

most likely functional though
Siberia

5th Oct 04 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whos vibrio
BabyBlade

5th Oct 04 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ainsley_brader

5th Oct 04 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a thread full of shit, just read seven pages of 1 person trying to argue and two idiots spouting random words.
The crx del sol if its vtec will whoop the fench items, if not the weight of it will probably see the tin cans in front!

As for the vtec argument did nobody grasp the fact that no other manufacturer have produced a 160bhp 1.6 engine out of the box!
Yes they can all be tuned, but thats like saying a nova is as quick as a ferrari if you bolt a jet engine to the roof.

Muppets!
goldfish
Banned

5th Oct 04 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ainsley_brader
What a thread full of shit, just read seven pages of 1 person trying to argue and two idiots spouting random words.
The crx del sol if its vtec will whoop the fench items, if not the weight of it will probably see the tin cans in front!

As for the vtec argument did nobody grasp the fact that no other manufacturer have produced a 160bhp 1.6 engine out of the box!
Yes they can all be tuned, but thats like saying a nova is as quick as a ferrari if you bolt a jet engine to the roof.

Muppets!

sorry but your gay
Screaming Vtec

5th Oct 04 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone goes on about torque, but the simple fact is, because hondas rev so high, they can have far lower gear ratios than say a golf TDI, hence the torque multiplying effect of the gear ratios mean that they in effect equal torque (to the wheels) of any of the other cars...

Thats why my teg with approx 140lbs/ft torque will still keep up - or be faster than, a Focus RS
Sooty
Banned

5th Oct 04 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry but in defense of french cars... my 106 has 4 airbags ... I feel this to be adequate saftey features

Also anyone note the saxo/106 has the same NCAP safety rating as a Vauxhall corsa..

with regards to vtec:

1.6vti - 170bhp
1.8 itr - 187bhp
2.0 ctr - 197bhp

nuff said for n/a engines

[Edited on 05-10-2004 by Sooty]
ed

6th Oct 04 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you still arguing ladies?
big eck

6th Oct 04 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of all 3 i'd have the Del Sol, much better lookin and very quick for what they are
Cybermonkey

6th Oct 04 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ainsley_brader

Muppets!

But you give, say an X16XE the same rev limit, and similar inlet dimensions and you have the same. Wheres your argument now? The fact that the 16XE made 150BHP when being designed puts those facts to rest. you abnoxious prick
the_legend_of_yrag

6th Oct 04 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl at the end of the day you only get one type of vts and gti standard, yet theres different types of del sols?? So you need to be more specific on which honda your on about..
goldfish
Banned

6th Oct 04 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Screaming Vtec
Everyone goes on about torque, but the simple fact is, because hondas rev so high, they can have far lower gear ratios than say a golf TDI, hence the torque multiplying effect of the gear ratios mean that they in effect equal torque (to the wheels) of any of the other cars...

Thats why my teg with approx 140lbs/ft torque will still keep up - or be faster than, a Focus RS

torque is the turning force. the high reving engines like you say get round this by having close ratio gear boxes. this is fine if your racing round a track (where you obvious beat FRS's) however on the road normal doing nirmal driving these cars are not as relaxed as cars with more torque or when you come to a hill you'll notice the difference.
goldfish
Banned

6th Oct 04 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by the_legend_of_yrag
pmsl at the end of the day you only get one type of vts and gti standard, yet theres different types of del sols?? So you need to be more specific on which honda your on about..

yeah they range from slightly gay to very gay
Tom

6th Oct 04 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't be assed reading all this but the del sol would win imo if it has the b16a engine I would easily prefer one over a 106/vts.

<<  4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » crx del sol vs 106 Gti or Saxo Vts 22 database queries in 0.0145280 seconds