corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help: speed camera question

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help: speed camera question
Joff

User status: Offline
26th Sep 04 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best you can do is go back and crash into the speed camera.

Gatso's shouldn't be able to get you from the front as the flash can be distracting to drivers.

Truvelo's however can and will get you but until about 2 months ago, I'd never seen them flash (didn't think they did) - then I saw one go off and give a bright purple flash.
jr

26th Sep 04 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wad deffo a GATSO
GREG 1

26th Sep 04 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have forward facing cameras on the 127 now by the way.

I also heard from a source of mine that if your driving towards a camera, look on the back of it and you will see 2 round little holes..... If they are yellow apparently it has film in it, if they are grey... it doesn't !

Little fact there 4 ya
harry23

26th Sep 04 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so the cameras have the film in them? i always assumed the photos wouldve elctronically been sent somewhere automatically cos otherwise cant people just reverse back up to them and torch them?!
GREG 1

26th Sep 04 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All cameras are meant to have film unless 1) its run out or 2) police haven't bothered
Mistamist

26th Sep 04 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I once had a convo with a policeman when i worked for merc. You know outside the merc showroom in dartford, slightly down the road there is a camera and it always used to go off as you were approaching it from the other direction, the police bloke said they cannot guage your speed if 1- there is no markings on the road and 2- there is no film in it. he said in the gatso's they have a roll of 140 exposures which is 70 cars and on average they are changed weekly. some places dayly as they catch so many people. unless it was a new style camera with the two round lenses (like the one on the road near brands hatch) they are bi-directional.
GREG 1

26th Sep 04 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also if its a normal std yellow one then it cant get you... as your number plate is te wrong colour at the front the flash will cancel it out
James_DT

26th Sep 04 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GREG 1

I also heard from a source of mine that if your driving towards a camera, look on the back of it and you will see 2 round little holes..... If they are yellow apparently it has film in it, if they are grey... it doesn't !

Little fact there 4 ya

Actually, the yellow ones are part of some scheme (that I can't remember the details of, it involves some of the money going back into something) and the grey ones aren't part of this scheme.
GREG 1

26th Sep 04 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James_DT
quote:
Originally posted by GREG 1

Little fact there 4 ya

Actually, the yellow ones are part of some scheme (that I can't remember the details of, it involves some of the money going back into something) and the grey ones aren't part of this scheme.

Ah i might be wrong mate, thats just what i heard
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

26th Sep 04 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought the truvelos were digital so didnt need a film?>
dave17

27th Sep 04 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got flashed by a camera facing me, didnt hear anythin of it, til b alright
PaulW

27th Sep 04 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

canty do a thing...

the lines for calculating the speed if you contest it are on the other side, unless there are lines on both sides.

check it if your down that way again to put your mind at rest.

if there are no roadmarkings on your side & they try to do you, they can't prove a thing as they have no way of calculating your speed, plus by time the 2nd flash would of happened, you would of been out of shot
sxi16vjoe

27th Sep 04 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesh don't worry James. I have 9 points cos of cunting cameras

Connie

27th Sep 04 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right mate i make speed cameras and totally agree with the goverment putting one on every roadside in the country to stop youngsters having fun and keeping there noses clean.

right ok so i dont agree with them i hate the fuckers and i definately dont make them cause if i did i would make sure none of the money making fuckers took pictures lol

neway back to the point dont think they are allowed to flash at you coming towards one

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help: speed camera question 22 database queries in 0.0126200 seconds