corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How to get One-touch windows???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How to get One-touch windows???
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
21st Sep 04 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which corsa's had one-touch electric windows????
i never had electric windows in my corsa b, and last year got some third party ones installed! they are rubbish, slow and noisy! but still do the job!!

i would like to make them one-touch operation, is this possible??
i have the original vauxhall eleccy window switches if that helps??
wee_kev

21st Sep 04 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If u hold the button up for a few seconds when it is up all the way or down when its down all the way that will change the mode.

I can never remember what way it is but i know it works as when u disconnect the battery it puts it back to a hold down operation.

Thats with Standard Vauxhall leccy windows tho, not sure if it would be the same for u. Can but try.

[Edited on 21-09-2004 by wee_kev]
AdiSRI

21st Sep 04 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep thats correct, hold the up buton up for 2-3 secs with the window closed.

As far as i know all std vaux windows do this, but your 3rd party ones might not.
paulszat

21st Sep 04 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have got 3rd party electric windows in my corsa and have one touch on them provided by the Smart Windows module of my Clifford alarm. Is quite an expensive way of doing it but gives you a CAT 1 alarm too.
MoNkEy MaGiC

21st Sep 04 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by paulszat
I have got 3rd party electric windows in my corsa and have one touch on them provided by the Smart Windows module of my Clifford alarm. Is quite an expensive way of doing it but gives you a CAT 1 alarm too.

ooooow tell me more mate... im gonna get a clifford soon and i want it total closure for everything, windows, sunroof, doors etc so the window module will actually make them into One-touch! how does this work??
paulszat

23rd Sep 04 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The smart windows module sits between your electric window switches and the motors so if you push and release the button quickly it will do one touch. If you hold the button down it just acts like a normal electric window. My alarm (concept 500) closes the windows anyway but the smartwindows adds the one touch but also lets you open or vent the windows from your alarm remote.
MoNkEy MaGiC

23rd Sep 04 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by paulszat
The smart windows module sits between your electric window switches and the motors so if you push and release the button quickly it will do one touch. If you hold the button down it just acts like a normal electric window. My alarm (concept 500) closes the windows anyway but the smartwindows adds the one touch but also lets you open or vent the windows from your alarm remote.

oh i see, but i would have thought the Total-Closure feature only works to electric windows that have a constant negative and live feed??? as mine are are not, the live-power is ignition switched, unless the alarm/module works around this??
paulszat

24th Sep 04 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll try and explain how it's wired. The motors are powered independently by the smart windows module (this has a seperately fused supply). Therefore the alarm can control the windows regardless of ignition supply. The current switched supply is still connected to your electric window switches but is only used to energise a relay in the smart windows module when you push a button.

Hope this helps!
MoNkEy MaGiC

24th Sep 04 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh i see that makes so much sense now, cheers buddy

so the Alarm Window Module will fully control the windows for one touch opening and closing and total closure

what about the sunroof?
the sunroof is a electric one touch, and has a wire that needs to be grounded for the total closure, can this wire just be plugged into the same window module?
paulszat

26th Sep 04 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know how it works with a sunroof I'm afraid. Don't have one in my corsa so it didn't affect me! I would imagine that there will be an output on the alarm that can be connected in the sunroof tho!
Richie

27th Sep 04 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the closure module does is supply a negative trigger to the window relay. You can also connect the sunroof ground trigger to it
leeshez

27th Sep 04 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My corsa sport does this already

New Poll