corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Remote locking kit turn on factory alarm - possible?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Remote locking kit turn on factory alarm - possible?
nickc

User status: Offline
19th Aug 04 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

I have fitted a remote locking kit to my wifes 1995 5dr Corsa. It had full central locking on the key, and the factory fitted alarm which is set when the drivers door is deadlocked.

Is there any way to set the alarm when I lock the doors with the remote? I don't really care about remote deadlocks, but having the alarm set would be nice. I managed to blow a diode in the central locking unit when I was 'playing' with the alarm/central locking but fortunately managed to replace it and everything seems to work again

I am not interested in adding a third party alarm, I really just want to make use of the factory one if possible. Has anyone done this or know how I could wire it to make it work?

Many thanks,
Nick
Richie

19th Aug 04 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all you need to do is find the wire on the deadlock circuit that sends the trigger to the alarm to activate it, find out whether its a negative or positive trigger, and connect this wire to the appropriate switched output from the central locking when its activated.
nickc

19th Aug 04 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for your reply.

I think I found the wire that the deadlock circuit switches, but it doesn't appear to be straight forward (well to me anyway). When I was 'playing' with the CL module, I was shorting this wire, which seemed to operate the deadlocks, but then I frazzled the diode Maybe that was coz it is positive triggered? I think the alarm might be a bit more clever than a simple set/unset (only guessing though)? I have been using a multimeter which can be a bit misleading when watching pulses, maybe a bulb and some wire might be better - but then I don't know how I would distingish between floating and ground? What do other people use to diagnose this type of thing - can't imagine many people have an oscilloscope

Cheers,
Nick
Richie

19th Aug 04 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when the deadlocks are activated, just test the voltage on that wire. Its got to be a permanent voltage to keep the alarm active. Stuff like that wont be more clever i doubt.

New Poll