corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » odd odd noises

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author odd odd noises
Corsa Wheels

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 04 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, anyone had any problems with fitting a K&N to a 1.4 16v..? ive fitted mine on ok but had to position it right at the airbox pretty much because of the darn air flow meeter thing. now getting a wierd "pinking" sort of noise when i accelerate. its the same sort of noise that u would get if u pulled away from the lights in the wrong gear, a rattly sound as if its gonna stall. its not the actual cone banging around, cos ive tried putting the cone in the airbox as well and it still does it. any ideas why this might be happening? putting all the original box and filter on cures it, but it doesnt quite have the same sound effects!!
PaulW

2nd Aug 04 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car will be running lean, not alot you can do about it unless you fit something like a unichip, but if your gona do that then best getting a set of cams & inlet/outlet fanimolds to match aswell
Corsa Wheels

2nd Aug 04 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so there is nought actually wrong with it? the cars only 4 months old, so im glad to hear its something as simple.. might leave the mods for the bit as vaux even got shirty when i stuck my seven tens in the back on a custom shelf for some reason. tried to blame my loose battery connection on that!!

New Poll