corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had my first crash!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Had my first crash!
drunkenfool

User status: Offline
6th Jul 04 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the car park at tesco epxress, got in my car, reversed out of the space and completely didnt see the car behind me. 100% my fault, and i really cant belive it happened, but it did All the damage i could see to the other car was that their rear numberplate cracked, but my rear bumper is fucked. Not sure if its repairable or not, but im gonna go see the guy at the bodyshiop tomorrow. 2 years of driving and this is my first accident, not even a scrape or anything!
The woman has my insurance details etc, but i told her im paying £2000 a year on my insurance and i need my no claims, so if its posible to settle it without insurance, and i think shes okay with that. She said she was gonna see what her insurance say anyway, could that force her to go through my insurance?
DanielJ

6th Jul 04 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

insurance will make her claim no doubt robbing bastards
drunkenfool

6th Jul 04 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

she was in a brand new 4x4, i had a look at the front end and there was no damage to the bumper or anything, the numberplate bit stuck out more than the rest of the car. Luckily this was at like 10:30 tonight, so there werent that many people in tesco, but my bumper cracking made a hell of a bang and everyone looked out and saw the whole thing
CorsaLad16v

6th Jul 04 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unlucky mate her insurance will probly try n get her to go thru ur insurance, wud be much better if u cud go thru with it without the insurance people involved tho.

any pics of the damage? what car u reverse into?
drunkenfool

6th Jul 04 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will get pix tomorrow. The bumper is now touching the drives side rear wheel, but i might be able to push it back. 2 of the bolt holes snapped, and theres a bit crack in it running fron the number plate light to the left hand side rear light.
drunkenfool

6th Jul 04 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had just popped into tesco after having a really shit day, bought some beers and was gonna go home What an end to the day!
mav

6th Jul 04 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shite that m8....Hopefully can be sorted then with no insurance....
L330wnz

6th Jul 04 at 07:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u learn the hard way fella ... at least it weren't a lil kiddy/old lady u drove into coz then u'd be fooked
Siberia

6th Jul 04 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if she does go through the insurance u'll prolly end up paying for every single scratch that been on her car since she got it.

alot of people seem fine at the time but then u get a 2grand bill.

Bad luck chap.
PaulW

6th Jul 04 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
if she does go through the insurance u'll prolly end up paying for every single scratch that been on her car since she got it.

alot of people seem fine at the time but then u get a 2grand bill.

Bad luck chap.

plus if there extra-robbin bastards like most they'll say put a claim in for personal injury too!

I went into the back of a trailer that was being towed once on a big 4x4 once, all I did was cracked the numberplate on his car & mine, nothing else. Think fine, I'll just pay for the numberplate on his car & be done, there was NO other damage!

4 weeks later I get a letter from a solicitor claiming for 'extended injuries' or something like that, whiplash, trauma, stress, etc... total cost - £3.5k!! So I contacted the solicitors, told them there havin a laugh & emailed them the pics of the damage (the numberplates) also that the incident was right under a CCTV camera in town & I could easily get the video. Never heard anything since!

[Edited on 06-07-2004 by PaulW]
BabyBlade

6th Jul 04 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trouble with fibreglass

cant reply to ur txt dude am in spain and wud cost loads but will see the damage when i get back!
Scott M

6th Jul 04 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If she tries to go through the insurance she may find that your insurance company refuse to pay. I know the accident was your fault, but technically a car park is private property and would therfore be down to you and the individual to sort out anyway.
drunkenfool

6th Jul 04 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a phone call from them, apparently the car 'isnt driving the same' so i have to pay for them to get their tracking done too, but i really dont see how i could have put it out with a ding in a car park?
Adam-D

6th Jul 04 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go round and see her tracking is £20 £30 new plate £30 jobs a goodun
and make her sign a disclaimer saying that shes happy with whats happened and that the end of it
1600power

6th Jul 04 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
Just had a phone call from them, apparently the car 'isnt driving the same' so i have to pay for them to get their tracking done too, but i really dont see how i could have put it out with a ding in a car park?

be careful m8, if their willing to leave the insurance out of it then for the good of ur insurance i wud just swallow wotever they ask for aslong as they dont start getting stupid about things.....

so is it just tracking and a new numberplate so far?
drunkenfool

6th Jul 04 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah he said it will cost about £80. I sent him a text saying i will bring the money round tomorrow, think i will get them a bottle of wine too cos im so embarassed about what happened!
DanielJ

6th Jul 04 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fck the wine, they'll be claiming for that aswell
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
6th Jul 04 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't pay for tracking!

The car isn't driving the same Whatever
Adam-D

6th Jul 04 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just get em pissed send em out drunk call police and get them done?

or is that too much?
langey

6th Jul 04 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why did you give her your insurance details, your really are a fool, bumps inc ar parks cant be claimed for. this is what my insurance and driving instructor told me.
drunkenfool

6th Jul 04 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its on cctv so i guess the police could call itcriminal damage or something? Didnt know that about insurance though\!!
DanielJ

6th Jul 04 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its on private owned land then i dun think they can really try and get loads out of u, for example u checked it over on the spot agreed what was wrong with it and that was that, thy aint got the right then to come back a day later and say so an so is wrong with the car, for all you know they could of bumped it themselves and put all the damage onto you
langey

6th Jul 04 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm almost 100% certain that if its a bump on a car park u dnt have to pay and insurance wont pay out.

becuase its not pubic property. and there is so many prnags in car park lol.
drunkenfool

18th Jul 04 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All sorted now, just gave her the £80 and forgotten about it. Heres the damage to mine...

Being fixed this week though cos the car is in the bodyshop for the respray. (And yes, im getting a new numberplate too! )
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

18th Jul 04 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oooh what colour are you going for ?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had my first crash! 22 database queries in 0.1761711 seconds