corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » clanging when i go over bumps?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author clanging when i go over bumps?
joshkiddy

User status: Offline
5th Jul 04 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i go over bumps I can hear a loud clanging from under the back of the car, presumably its the exhaust???

Only started yesterday when i got my car lowered. Guessing its due to the increase in bumpiness of the ride.

Anyone had this problem? Is it easy to fix?

Cheers lads,
Josh
L33 LEG
Banned

5th Jul 04 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i got my car lowered whenever i went over the slighest of dips in the road i heard massive banging. this was m,y exhaust hitting my torsion bar, but corsas dont have torsion bars, but will be the exhaust hitting soemthing
Keithie

5th Jul 04 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got the same problem. its hitting off the axle. some people managed to stop it by getting stiffer rubbers to hold the exhaust higher, but i think im gonna have to get my exhaust heated and bent over the axle a wee bit more
L33 LEG
Banned

5th Jul 04 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dnt know if its the same problem as mine, but after a week or so the banging has stopped and is all good now
Keithie

5th Jul 04 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might be the backbox hitting the spring aswell
joshkiddy

5th Jul 04 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmm..... i think i'll get under there with a torch later and have a proper look. probably looking at a trip to the garage though by the sounds of things!
Greasemonkey

5th Jul 04 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the exhaust will be hitting the axle, undo the clamp behind the back box and rotate it so the nuts point upwards, this creats more room, other way is to undo the clamp and twist the backbox slightly it lifts the bend that goes over the axle and helps it clear, i did this last night on my car, if ya choose smaller rubbers, get ones for a ford focus they are better, my cars lowered 60-70mm at the rear and mine dont hit no more

[Edited on 05-07-2004 by Greasemonkey]
Mistamist

5th Jul 04 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i think its the zorst mate, the rubbers on yours looked a bit nackered yesterday. try getting some new ones from halfords. or get a the full system we was talking about good luck fella.

[Edited on 05-07-2004 by mistdotcom]
Rocky

5th Jul 04 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this prob ages ago eveybody kept on telling me it was the exhaust but it wasnt i dun everything in my power to stop the exhaust from moving and it wasnt the exhaust its a braket underneath the back axle matey mine was so recked after the bracket was battered i then bent it back and job sorted no more banging had same prob wen i lowered it nothing at all 2 years on

New Poll