corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » amp cooling needed?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author amp cooling needed?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   3rd Jul 04 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hia

I'm planning on having my amp in a false floor amp rack thing so it isnt so visible, the amp is question is an Alpine MRD-M500 (500w), how nesserary is it to have amp cooling, do they really run that hot?

I've got two fans I could put into my amp rack to create an airflow for the amp but I'm not sure on wirring up, only two wires negitive and positive but how can I have it so they only spin up when the car is running/amps are in use?
drunkenfool

3rd Jul 04 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

run a relay off the remote lead, then anything you want to turn on with the amp can be connected to the relay.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

3rd Jul 04 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can i buy/build them?
Richie

3rd Jul 04 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can buy a simpe 10a automotive relay from halfords ect.

TBH aslong as there is at least 2/3 inches clearance at the sides and top of the amp, you'll be ok without fans. The MRDM is a monoblock and runs quite cool anyway

New Poll