corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fuel problem, cant get petrol in2 the engine quik enuff

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuel problem, cant get petrol in2 the engine quik enuff
Mitch

User status: Offline
   1st Jul 04 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope sum1 can help with this 1..

1.2 16v, BFO cone, scorpion cat bak system & powerboost valve, which is the thing that i think is causin the prob.
when theres about 1/4 of a tank of fuel, any corners that swish the petrol in the tank around makes the car loose power and just dies...then sorts its self out and gets goin again.
fine crusing, and motor ways, so its not as if theres not enough fuel, its doin my head in.
can i fit an upgraded fuel pump, or summin 2 increase the pressure? bit stuck wit what 2 do, and vauxhall werent much help 150quid lata.
please sum1! cheers

ca
PaulW

1st Jul 04 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just get another fuelpump & relay from another SXi from the scrappy & fit it.
Mitch

1st Jul 04 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the relay do>? let the fuel in?

wud changing the fuel filter help?
PaulW

1st Jul 04 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

relay is in the fuse box - it controls the pump & all. best replacing that aswell as if the pump is shagged, it might of damaged the relay, or the relay could of become faulty damaging the pump.

if its only when going round corners I doubt it will be the fuel filter, as it would constantly be causing problems if it was that, but if you want to change that aswell its up to you! I never changed my fuel filter once on my old 1.4 & that had covered 110k miles
Mitch

1st Jul 04 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i havent done mine and i've just passed 50k. gotta get new tyres 2moro which is a wallet rape, but ill do it soon! cheers 4 ur help man
p16vlv

2nd Jul 04 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a swirlpot problem in the tank,i know that when you put an injection engine in a car without a swirlpot when petrol got low it would cough and splutter.(valver in non injected nova)

New Poll