corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FS2004: New York JFK to Miami Intl

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FS2004: New York JFK to Miami Intl
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Jun 04 at 07:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plane: Airbus A340-300CFM Lufthansa

Exterior View: Outside Departure lounge at JFK Airport, time Midday

Exterior View: Taxi'ing to Active runway 9L, IFR Clearance to Miami Approved

Exterior View: Take off from runway 9L nice view of JFK in background

Exterior View: Climbing to 4000 feet over New York, you can see the sports stadium

Virtual Cockpit View: Banking over New York to come back on myself, towards heading 215

Exterior View: Cruising back over JFK at 3000 feet, still climbing to my cruising altitude of 4000

Exterior View: Leaving New York in its wake

Exterior View: Airbus A340-300 at 4000 feet

Virtual Cockpit View: 3 hours later approaching Miami Airport, locked onto inbound ILS, Cat II Approach

Virtual Cockpit View: Approaching runway 9R, clearance granted from Miami ATC

Exterior View: Landing Gear down, flap set to 3, decreasing speed

Virtual Cockpit View: Bearing into runway 9R

Exterior View: Shows alignment lights, a near perfect approach apart from the one red light, at AP sorts out

Exterior View: 50 Feet above runway, switching over to manual throttle mode, flap set to full

Exterior View: Touch Down!

Exterior View: Applying Reverse thrust to slow myself to a stop

Exterior View: Taxi'ing to the gates, Miami airport one of the nicest i'v seen so far on FS2004

Exterior View: Parked up at Gate Heavy, passengers deboarding

Exterior View: Showing other traffic, and detail in the airport

Exterior View: As above
Cybermonkey

28th Jun 04 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stephen,WTF are you at cruising altitude of 4000ft for a 4 hour flight?!?
Cybermonkey

28th Jun 04 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, why are you not using spoilers during landing and deceleration???? im vey dissapointed in you
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jun 04 at 07:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24

Low altitude airways flight
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jun 04 at 07:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Also, why are you not using spoilers during landing and deceleration???? im vey dissapointed in you

i am still learning it has taken me a year to get this far lol
Cybermonkey

28th Jun 04 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSiSteve
quote:

Low altitude airways flight

You cant bullshit me stephen you would have burned up all of your fuel way before reaching Miami cruising at 4k ft! you need an altitude of FL290 - FL350 depending on conditions.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jun 04 at 07:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at least my penis is bigger than yours, u will not be able ti pick faults with my next flight, watch this space
Siberia

28th Jun 04 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does that program ever throw out an engine blowup or a rudder falling off?
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jun 04 at 07:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
does that program ever throw out an engine blowup or a rudder falling off?

yes but as it happens very rarely in real life it also happens very rarely in the game
Cybermonkey

28th Jun 04 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

siberia, the simulator does have the capacity to throw up random problems from faulty gauges to hydraulic failure, but as steve says, chances are you will never experience anything serious. Had an engine failure from overheating in mega hot weather once though!!! Stephen, i want to teach you more. Upon touchdown, full spoilers MUST be deployed during any landing situation. They are a vital part of making sure that the wings cannot produce sufficient lift in a situation where a strong gust could force lift and flip the plane to one side
Bonzai

28th Jun 04 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also i find it hard to believe an airbus a340 would fly short haul from JFK to Miami
Siberia

28th Jun 04 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spoilers would be the things that popup from the top of the wings during braking on the ground?
dont know too much about them but i would imagine that they change the profile of the wings thus retarding the lift propertys the wings give?

also used in flight known as speed brakes? Make the plane viberate like feck?
Cybermonkey

28th Jun 04 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont. Qantas fly A330's on east coast runs alongside 737's. They are suprisingly economical on heavy domestic routes. What i find hard to believe is that Lufthansa would fly between JFK and Miami
Cybermonkey

28th Jun 04 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
spoilers would be the things that popup from the top of the wings during braking on the ground?
dont know too much about them but i would imagine that they change the profile of the wings thus retarding the lift propertys the wings give?

also used in flight known as speed brakes? Make the plane viberate like feck?

Thats right. I am in auz at the moment, and arrived a week ago on a qantas 747 from heathrow. was descending into bangkok for fuel stop and hit a thunderstorm, descended all the way down with spoilers because the turbulence was so horrific. Loads of people were screaming and crying. Was so much fun!!!
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jun 04 at 07:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol yes i did think about using the Lufthansa it being a german plane, but the US Airways plane looked shite so i did just used it, do u know what i can find the speed brake on all other planes you know but not on the a330/a340 im not so sure u can control them manually though, i think they are controlled automatically from data entered into the MCDU on these particular planes??

[Edited on 28-06-2004 by GSiSteve]
Siberia

28th Jun 04 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fasinated by planes but i cant get on one unless i'm drunk.

i flew from london to dublin about 4 weeks ago. perfect night for flying, sun beating down, not a breath of wind. i didnt have any drink before i got on the plane but fecking hell i was shi*ing myself i have no idea y.

i think i'm scared from the time i flew from bristol to dublin on a foker 50 in a thunder storm bloody hell that was rough. all ya could here was them turbo props howling. not healthy
Bonzai

28th Jun 04 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the cross sectional profile of a wing is designed such, that airflow over the top is faster than airflow across the bottom. This results in lower air pressures on the top side of the wing and the wing is literally sucked up. the profile of teh wing is changed with the use of leading edge; slats, krueger flaps, VCF's, trailing edge flaps. affecting the airlow to increase lift at high angles of attack.

Spoilers (speed brakes) are positioned across the wings and when deployed will literally spoil airflow over the top surface of teh wing, and the wing will not be efficient in creating lift. they also increase profile drag, so play a part in slowing the a/c down.
Cybermonkey

28th Jun 04 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no they re definately manual steve as well. the / is the default key for spoilers on all aircraft in fs. entering data into the MCDU will not control spoilers. Auto spoilers are controlled from the throttle quadrant and pressing shift and / will put spoilers on auto, so as soon as main landing gear touches the deck, they deploy, and once below 25kts, they will stow again. During takeoff, do you set autobrakes to take off?
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jun 04 at 07:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found it this would be them armed?
Cybermonkey

28th Jun 04 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup thats the babies. On all modern aircraft, spoilers are used during sharp banks on the opposite wing to the turn, this helps to slow the leading wing down and reducing the chance of a shallow stall, especially if the rudder is used to great effect.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jun 04 at 07:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will use these next time
Cybermonkey

28th Jun 04 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good, if you are having trouble getting her down onto the tarmacand running out of runway, at bout 20ft you can deploy them and the plane should thump down.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jun 04 at 07:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i take it this would occur in the event of a strong headwind?
Cybermonkey

28th Jun 04 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really, landing at 120-140kts, you are close to Vmin so a headwind would not create much problem. If you are too fast on approach, you can make the decision to go around, or pull the nose up gently and deploy spoilers. this will cause you to lose speed rapidly, and when you stow the spoilers again, apply 50% power to reduce the chances of stalling and steadying your airspeed.
liamC

28th Jun 04 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How hard is this actual game to get to know how to use? It looks spot on.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FS2004: New York JFK to Miami Intl 22 database queries in 0.2082770 seconds