corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What are peoples opinions on smoking weed??

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What are peoples opinions on smoking weed??
Redcorsa69

User status: Offline
26th Jun 04 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who reckons its should be legalised?? I think its less harmful than drinking, and smoking cigarettes. Also there would be far less violence if we had the Cafe's like in Amsterdam. Not saying I touch it tho
corsa5dr

26th Jun 04 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Against
Redcorsa69

26th Jun 04 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

explain....
danny boyo

26th Jun 04 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont its bad for u
Redcorsa69

26th Jun 04 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how?? all these negative comments but you gotta back them up. Its AS harmful as smoking cigarettes, but they're legal. If they legalised it, they could tax it and make money. I reckon 80% of people 18-25 either smoke it or have done in the past. Imagine the revenue!!
Andrew

26th Jun 04 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO drugs should be legalised and then TAX cut on other things -- i.e. Petrol. Smack heads will get there hands on the shite anyway.

BTW, no i don't do drugs and NEVER will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
danny boyo

26th Jun 04 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cus u do get a bad chest and u do have memory loss
ed

26th Jun 04 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see there being a problem with weed... It is one of the lesser harmful substances you can put in your body - It can't do much more damage than a heavy night on the spirits or lager... It should be legalised, but controlled in the same way as alcohol - i.e. you have to be licenced to sell it and over 16 or 18 to have it ya know...
Mistamist

26th Jun 04 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i Drink, Smoke Cigarettes and smoke weed.

TBH my personal experience is that alcohol is a lot more dangerous than cannabis, in the long run alcohold is more likely to damage internal organs and cause illnesses, it is also a lot more addictive than cannabis. Yes cannabis can give you certain amounts of memory loss, but thats after prolonged use (years of puffing) but short term it is a lot less damaging than alcohol.

Lately i havent been on it a lot but i have been drinking a lot more. i think its time to give myself a complete service.

Dav

26th Jun 04 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As a non-smoker who has tried it I can see many points for both sides of the argument.
To be honest I don't think it should be and I think if there was any case for it to be legalised then it would've been by now. After all it's clear just how many people use it illegally anyway, and the goverment know they could rake in the cash by taxing and controling the sale of the drug.
Smoking in general has had a lot of bad press lately tho, especially in public places like cafes, pubs, etc.
I hate people smoking around me as it is, and if I knew I was effected by someone else's smoke to a point I couldn't go about my own business properly (job, think, drive, etc.) then I would not be happy.
drunkenfool

26th Jun 04 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant see any reason for it not to be legal apart fromt he fact the government cant tax it, and they know they would lose a lot of money from the lost taxes. People should be told the truth about drugs so they can make their minds up for themselves, instead of believeing that all drugs are bad etc. Why is it that almost everyone finds alcohol acceptable when it is a drug, just like all the others, and has caused thousands of deaths and is the cause of so much violence in society? People that believe 'just say no' really need to take a look at themselves and life, and realise that that attitude won't work. Cannabis should be made legal and people should be made aware of the risks of using it, just like people know the problems with excessive alcohol use. Finding out that people dont just ruin their lives or die from taking a drug once changed my view on them totally, which led to me experimenting. I think that if I had been told the truth then i might not have smoked so much weed during GCSEs. I could debate about this all night!
Ally

26th Jun 04 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

booze is more dangerous than weed.

I've tried it, didnt like it, wouldnt really reccommend it to anyone, but hey if u wanna do it then its upto you.

I think it should be legalised.
drunkenfool

26th Jun 04 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS - the only drug information i trust is on http://www.erowid.org/ Which gives an honest view on them, so if anyone is ever thinking of trying anything new, research it first. Im not advocating drug taking in any way, but if people are going to do them, then know the pros and cons.
Drysdale

26th Jun 04 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Peugeot Nut
IMO drugs should be legalised and then TAX cut on other things -- i.e. Petrol. Smack heads will get there hands on the shite anyway.

BTW, no i don't do drugs and NEVER will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree with this. Marijuana/weed/skunk should be legalised but controlled...it'll sell like hot cakes (or hash cakes.. ) so in turn the economy will be boosted resulting in the price of more essential amenties being lowered (i.e. lower petrol prices...alcohol prices etc)

Honestly, anyone....whats worse smoking weed or smoking cigarettes? Never been convinced either way on that one..
troubled_corsa

26th Jun 04 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should b legalised yep
andy hirst

26th Jun 04 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'tis all good, at the end of the day its all personal choice and i choose to enjoy it, dont go mad on it, every once in a while is good. Should be decriminalised for use in private residences. not totally legalised because the government will just rip us off as usual.
andy hirst

26th Jun 04 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, who would you rather bump into, a drunken yob who wants a fight or a stoned dude who wants to be your friend. makes sense cause there are too many drunken yobs in this country and they need subduing.
Drysdale

26th Jun 04 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is 'legal' in private residences as long as its within a certain limit (1/8th I think...)
andy hirst

26th Jun 04 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personal use would be classed as a 20 bag to a quarter. i think customs class 2.2 grams as personal use not sure though or what it converts too
Nath

26th Jun 04 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smoking is pointless, both weed and tobacco. I get plenty of kicks from life without the need of such substances. Many of my friends smoke weed and skunk and it turns them into very boring people. Plus why would anyone want to bring 'red eye' onto themselves. Hardly makes you look great. I'd rather have a nice cold pint then a dirty, stinking joint or cigarette.

I hope smoking gets banned in public as its vile. Ireland have it sorted
Joff

26th Jun 04 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not the safety aspect of the drug, but the behaviour and attitude of those that smoke it that I'm against.

Just like those that abuse alcohol and turn into a beer monster (haha, yeah you're so funny, fuck off and listen to your Streets album), people make a big deal about smoking cannabis.
If they just got on with it, then it would be on it's way to being accepted in public, but instead they have to act up as if it's something to be proud of.
Rob H

26th Jun 04 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Drugs Are Bad, M'Kay"
drunkenfool

26th Jun 04 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy hirst
personal use would be classed as a 20 bag to a quarter. i think customs class 2.2 grams as personal use not sure though or what it converts too

1/8 oz = 3.5g

Nath

26th Jun 04 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
It's not the safety aspect of the drug, but the behaviour and attitude of those that smoke it that I'm against.

Just like those that abuse alcohol and turn into a beer monster (haha, yeah you're so funny, fuck off and listen to your Streets album), people make a big deal about smoking cannabis.
If they just got on with it, then it would be on it's way to being accepted in public, but instead they have to act up as if it's something to be proud of.

Indeed
andy hirst

26th Jun 04 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally i prefer the feeling of being stoned than pissed because i can still have a meaningfull conversation, stand up and have rational thought.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What are peoples opinions on smoking weed?? 22 database queries in 0.1111689 seconds