corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP: Owners of C's w/ bucket seats

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP: Owners of C's w/ bucket seats
OzzySRi

User status: Offline
17th Jun 04 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi

advice needed. I just got a pair of buckets n wanted to fit them using the original rails (cos of the seat belt stuff) but found that they cant be separated from the seat. How did u fit urs?

Thanks
Al
diddon

17th Jun 04 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'll need a fitting kit for a corsa c mate
OzzySRi

17th Jun 04 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does that incl. the seat belt stuff or do i still have to transfer those across. Im from Aust. so we dont have many things available off-the-shelf.
diddon

17th Jun 04 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pass mate, I know you'll need a corsa c sub frame
M16KE B

17th Jun 04 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will, like diddon says, need some sort of fitting kit! I got some cobra subframeswith sliding rails when i bought my seats and transfered the seat belt stuff over, but now i have harneses so it doesnt really matter. What seats did you get?
OzzySRi

17th Jun 04 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are a pair of 'TENZO R' (jap brand)reclining buckets in red. theyre exact copies of the seats that u see in current honda integra type R's. cant use harneses for legal reasons.

can the original rails be cut away from the seat n fabricated to mount the buckets

[Edited on 17-06-2004 by OzzySRi]
M16KE B

17th Jun 04 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm i suspect youre going to have to fabricate something up to allow the buckets to be mounted.
ed

17th Jun 04 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can use aftermarket subframes, if they are anything like Cobra subfrmaes, like what I have. I fitted the buckle to the harness mounting point and fitted the Corsa seat belt buckle to the harness mounting point on the subframe... I then attatched the pre-tensioner barrel to the adjacent side of the subframe using jubilee clips, as there were no mounts for it. This, however, was in a Corsa B... Though I imagine the seat belt equipment wouldnt differ much between vehicles...

New Poll