corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Service Intervals For Corsa B

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Service Intervals For Corsa B
keithsayle

User status: Offline
10th Jun 04 at 02:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm new to this board and have just got my first car.

I purchased my K reg Corsa 1.2 LS (3dr) about five weeks ago with 99,000 on the clock.

It has now got 105,000 on the clock so I'm beginning to think about getting a service done on it.

Could anyone tell me what the servicing intervals are on this model (which I presume is the 8v).

It had a new cambelt fitted in December 2003 before I bought it and the engine is sweet although the bodywork has a few paint chips e.t.c. but that's to be expected on an 11 year old car that's been used mainly for motorway miles.

In view of the mileage, what potential problems am I likely to encounter (if any).

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Keith

mike_1.2LS96

10th Jun 04 at 06:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can service this car yourself quite easier, just by checking the oil level, coolent level, and changing the cambelt every 40k miles.

Buy the Haynes manual, and it will save you hundreds of pounds by doing jobs yourself and not a garages.

This engine is very reliable, mine went up over 120k miles.
Adam-D

10th Jun 04 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you keep it serviecd the engine should be trouble free
MJ

10th Jun 04 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 1.2 8v has just reached 130k and is runing fine and with no problems, just make sure u service it every so often like oil change and that, a gd thing to change is the fuel filter.
Greg_M

10th Jun 04 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vauxhall recomened a service every year or 10,000 miles. alternating big and little services.

they used to recomened a oil change in between, but the new oil doesnt really need to be changed every 6 months

New Poll