corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » an mfd question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author an mfd question
godsreplacement

User status: Offline
31st May 04 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a corsa 1.2 LS '96. and as some of you know it come with a rubbish tape player. I want to rip it out and put in a cd player but i don't want to lose the mfd, anyone who's done this let me know what happens to it. I don't expect it to still react to the tape/cd player just still display the time etc. if it is possible to get it to still work without the tape player how do you do it, can you just disconnect the tape player and it works fine?
Richie

31st May 04 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you connect a new stereo up to it, it will still display the temperature and time, but unless you cut the red/grey wire in the loom, the date will disappear when you turn your new stereo on. It will reappear when you turn off the stereo.
godsreplacement

31st May 04 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers you've bin a gr8 help.

just one more question, how does it know that you've turned the new head unit on, how is it connected to it?
N90ATH

31st May 04 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its connected by the iso connectors at the rear of the h/u. so when the head unit turns on it trys to take a signle to display ur radio station etc but it cant
Richie

31st May 04 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, when you turn your headunit on it sends a positive 12v feed to the MFD making the date disappear and to kick in the display, but because no data is being sent from the headunit as the headunit doesnt support the features, it just stays blank.

Just cut the red/grey wire, and all will be fine, as this is the wire that sends the +12v feed to the MFD.

New Poll