corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Component Wiring

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Component Wiring
shinobi

User status: Offline
   29th May 04 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all!

Ive wired my components in and think I've done them correct, I'm just wondering if anyone can confirm this for me?

I have a Corsa C that already had tweeters.

The above diagram will help explain.
There was a plug going into the tweeters which had four wires going into it (two brown, two yellow) The mid bass speaker had one brown one yellow.

The input on the cross over only accepted two wires and I had 6. So I chopped the wires on the tweeter, and the mid bass stopped working. I then joined the 4 wires together (brown to brown, yellow to yellow) The mid bass then started working again and now I had 1 positive and one negative input.

Is this the correct way to bypass the tweeter plug? Or should I have just plugged the positive and negative in from the mid bass speaker into the crossover input.

Someone told me that on standard tweeters, all it does is send out the same signal and the tweeters have filters which filter out bass. So I was wondering that by joining the wires am I sending too much to the input?

I dunno, you can tell I'm a newbie- just wanted to make sure Ive wired them correctly?

Any help would be great

Cheers,
Andy
shinobi

29th May 04 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any ideas :?
Ric_Cav

29th May 04 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's fine mate, i wouldnt have thought it will make naff all diffrence on standard wiring
Dom

30th May 04 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MATE !!! stop what your doing !!

you shouldnt have to cut any of the wiring ! The whole point of the crossover, is like you say, cut the low end freqs to the tweeters....with out it, say good bye to the tweeters, because they cant handle the low end stuff

eitherway, let me know what comps you got mate and ill have a butchers at the manual and tell you how they sohuld be wired. Although there are two ways which most of them go by:

1) Out of HU, goes to Mid-Bass speaker. Then you tap off that, into the inline crossover on the tweeter, then to tweeter/

2) you have a passive crossover box (big box). Hu into crossover, then terminals on the crossover go to the speakers (tweeter and midd-bass...obviously the terminals are labeled etc).
GavsCorsa

11th Sep 05 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi i just bought a Alphasonic component set and im wondering what way mine should be wired up ? I have the same amount of wires as shinobi said above.
Is it just the mid bass cables that i put into the crossover or use the tweeter cables aswell ?
Dom

12th Sep 05 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont see why you should have 4 wires into the tweeter gav - i would check the manual for them mate, as its usually 2 wires per speaker etc

Though do you have a passive crossover (box) or is it inline? It might be the case if its inline that you tap the extra wires from the tweeter to the midrange
I was still confused when shinobi asked and i still am never seen tweeters with 2 pairs of +/-!
GavsCorsa

12th Sep 05 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol yeah the tweeter has 4 cables going into it 2 each of the same colour then the mid range has just 2 cables ( different colours ) yep its a crossover box i have

New Poll