corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » new comps...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author new comps...
--Dave--
Banned

User status: Offline
24th May 04 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

morning,

I realise that this query may have been posted many times before but I just wanted to get a few quick answers back about what would be the best comps to go for for around £120 maybe a bit more.

Thing is since selling my old motor I got rid of the Kenwood head unit i had in there, wasn't anything special, but better than the standard stuff you get. So now i have to start all over again, new comps, new head unit and a new sub. oh well it'll be fun

I wasn't planning on making my own custom door builds so wondered what would be the best components to go for in my situation.

Also, am I right in thinking that comps give out no bass? Bit of a crap question i know but i don't have a clue

Thanks for the help, any recommendations and good places to buy them are appreciated.

Cheers

Dave
andy hirst

24th May 04 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

infinity are mint, magnat are also quite good.
--Dave--
Banned

24th May 04 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i heard quite a bit about infinity. Any particular model?
andy hirst

24th May 04 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Infinity 505cs Good quality system and within your budget. Dont forget you will need adaptors and some good speaker cable. R u hooking them up to an amp?
Filby1

24th May 04 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alpine doing New Type S real soon look real cool Cheek there home page, or the new Type X stuff
Filby1

24th May 04 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speaker wire aint all that i spent 300 on 3m`s of wire for my home cinema it dont make shit of any difference unless you get an audiometer to test it
--Dave--
Banned

24th May 04 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the input lads. I'll eventually get them amped and whatnot, but for the time being they'll just be running from the standard Corsa C head unit and normal speaker wire.

Would this be ok?
Filby1

24th May 04 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would work i think just the sound wont be as good as it could be,
--Dave--
Banned

24th May 04 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats fine for the time being, just wanted to get some better speakers in there.

would i get bass from these comps?
andy hirst

24th May 04 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea you would get some kick
--Dave--
Banned

24th May 04 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate. Was thinking of disconnecting the speakers in the back and just having the comps in the front for the time being until i get the sub/amp installed.

Would you recommend replacing the front speaker wire (ie from the comps to the head unit)? Isn't this a little tricky to do?

Dom

24th May 04 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye, i have the inifinity's 5000cs's...perfect fit (just) and when amped they sound not too bad (well you use the -3dB drop on the crossover). I have the 5" versions, but i believe the 6.5" versions fit perfectly, although dont quote me on that since im not too sure what the magnet size is, nor mounting depth of the speaker with adaptors.

Eitherway, get a decent amp to power the speakers and try and get something that is near or a tad over the rated RMS wattage of the comps

HOWEVER, wait until you get a decent HU in first mate....and there wouldnt be any point in replacing all of the speaker wire, especially not the stuff that runs from the HU to the door (crossover) since it would be a waste if your planning to get an amp soon. But yea, wait til you get a decent HU because it wont be doing any justice to the speakers.

New Poll