corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Front Speakers. Sorry, I Need Help Again!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Front Speakers. Sorry, I Need Help Again!!!
tiptoptim

User status: Offline
20th May 04 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to be a pain but still looking into speakers for the front of me Corsa.

Does anyone know what is the maximum depth speaker I can put in.

Been looking and there are plenty I like, but not sure if they will fit due to magnets being to big. I have been looking at 17cm sizes.

Many thanks.

cdcool1

20th May 04 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you wanting them to fit straight in without any work, or are you willing to do some modifying to make them fit?

tiptoptim

20th May 04 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would like them to fit straight in.
Rob

20th May 04 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make a spacer ring and most will fit. or buy the autoleads adaptors I had 6.5" comps up front no bother.

rob
cdcool1

20th May 04 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but you need to be careful of the magnet size (ie mounting depth) too rob. If you let him know what your comps were, it might help him out a little more
tiptoptim

20th May 04 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have got sony comps in there at the moment and are getting rid off them, as they are crap. They have a slim magnet where others I have seen are pretty big.
As much as you all may hate them, I have decided to put coaxials in the front doors and put another pair of decent tweeters on the dash. I am not after bass up from. Just mid to top range and I think coaxials will do a good enough job for the money. Been looking at pioneer or kenwood 3 ways.
I just dont want to buy a speaker and then find out that they do not fit.
cdcool1

20th May 04 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why are you having coaxials and another set of tweeters just out of interest?
Rob

20th May 04 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im getting in the coupe

infinity 6900's in the front ( comps 6.5")
then instead of subs which I cant have I am putting some infinitys coaxials in the rear door panels( speakers there at the mo but will be removed soon mwahha ahahaha

cdcool1 you seem to know abit this soundsystem should be ok ? shouldnt it using comps to provide mid tweet and a lil bass then using coaxials in rear to provide a lil bass and mid?

dont want subs!!!

rob
tiptoptim

20th May 04 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure for definetley if I will get the tweeters. Got vide 6x9's on acoustic shelf powered by phoenix gold amp and also got 12" JBL sub. I dont want much bass if any at the front. They are going to be running off a 300watt sony amp.
The reason for going for coaxials, is that they are a bit cheaper and a pair of 3 ways will do me.
tiptoptim

20th May 04 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you know what the maximum deph speaker I can get in, as I may get them on my lunch break today.
cdcool1

20th May 04 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rob,

why dont you want a sub?

If you really dont want a sub, then i certainly wouldnt recommend co-axials as a substitute, you'll need a mid-bass driver

As i dont know what your budget is, i cant really recommend anything, but take a look at the ones HERE

They'll give you decent bass without a sub

Or you could look at 8" subs?
cdcool1

20th May 04 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tim,

I really think you should go for components mate. Coaxials are ok(ish) if you dont want the hassle of mounting the tweeter seperate, but since you are thinking about a seperate tweeter, this obviously isnt a concern

There isnt much point in having coaxials and tweeters as you'll have the tweeters doing the highs, and the coaxials doing mids and highs (quite poorly) and everything will get messed up

whereas with components you have the the tweeters just doing highs, and the other just doing mid-range.

Also, with components you get the crossover with them so you select which frequencies go to which speaker. If you bought coaxials and a seperate tweeter, you'd need to buy a high pass filter of some description to filter out the low frequencies from your tweeter as they can damage the tweeters quite easily

[Edited on 20-05-2004 by cdcool1]
tiptoptim

20th May 04 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cdcool1, do you know what the maximum depth of speaker I can get in without doing any work?
cdcool1

20th May 04 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Afraid not mate, thats why i was asking rob what his were to give you an idea of what will fit

I no longer own a corsa (just come on this section of cs now to help peeps out ) and wasn't into car audio so much when i did own one so didnt really mess around with various speakers

I'm sure others will beable to help you out with that question
tiptoptim

20th May 04 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers anyway mate.
I will see if they know at Halfords, LOL.
Rob

20th May 04 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cdcool1 sorry dont know your name

anyways

not really got a budget just gonna do things bit at a time really mate. dont want a sub as I have read numerous posts about coupe parcel shelfs rattling with subs. plus I play roller hockey ( loadsa kit) so I just wanna have a boot for a change.

mid range drivers then. why not use coaxials ? I would have thought they could do the job to provide a lil bass coming from the headunit.

rob
AdiSRI

20th May 04 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u cud put JL 8" subs in the rear cards, they wudnt cause parcel shelf rattling there or take up your boot and will sound a lot better than coaxials and give lots more bass than midbass units.

Tbh m8 , no components or coaxials will give proper bass, a set of decent comps upfront, and 2 JL 8W0's in the rear cards and it will sound great.
Rob

21st May 04 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kewl

cheers adi / cdcool

New Poll