corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » IDEAS FOR NEXT MEET

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author IDEAS FOR NEXT MEET
Gary GSi

User status: Offline
13th May 04 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The point is why should we make the effort to travel and pay £30 + for petrol when all the meets are down south and in the area where the organiser is. This region is too big. We should have separate north east mids and south east mids.
Graham

13th May 04 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh it took me about 2 hours to get to norty but about an hour to find it as i came in the wrong end, but i did spend about 30 quid on petrol as gary stated thats why i wanted it slightly closer so its not as expensive.
broster
Premium Member

14th May 04 at 08:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i agree gary and this is what thois thread is all about finding out where you want meets to be in the future, i respect the fact thats its expencive to travel to the meets if they are a long way away! we do need to get meets going up your way aswell. and ideas on a location for them?
broster
Premium Member

14th May 04 at 08:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some1 mentioned St. Marks?
Graham

14th May 04 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im looking into this as we speak now, somewhere in the middle of northampton, birmingham, lincoln, derby etc also where there is a nice big car park where we wont be disturbed
broster
Premium Member

14th May 04 at 08:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by incufan2k3
im looking into this as we speak now, somewhere in the middle of northampton, birmingham, lincoln, derby etc also where there is a nice big car park where we wont be disturbed

would do it myself but i have revision to do lol! let me know dude and ill get on the case!
Alex

14th May 04 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can it be near a mcdonalds?
Alex

14th May 04 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on consideration id allow a KFC or a Pizza hut.
Graham

14th May 04 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will have a look, keepin in mind that i hope there will be a mc d's or Kfc etc if anyone else has any info or offers etc (not sexual) then u2u me map etc
Graham

14th May 04 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right ive come to a conclusion that Leciester may be a good place, its closer to us up north and u lot down south its next to the M1 straight up from you, closer to birmingham too so we may attract more people. havnt decided where we could meet there but i need to know if we could actually have it here this time, plus if we start askin round now we could get more people from further away like.
Gavin
Premium Member

14th May 04 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*and just a question as my geo is rubbish! but doesnt Lincoln come under north east????? ta

pew pew pew pewwwww
Graham

14th May 04 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i kno but since we are stuck in here you will have to put up with us
Graham

14th May 04 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually no it doesnt, lookin in the NE forum they are from north yorks and newcastle etc so we are closer to you really
Gavin
Premium Member

14th May 04 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

better map of east mids for ya

i think sum where like peterborough is the centre point of EM!! i think

*incufan2k3 top man for driving so far
where would u guys say would be a good place?

[Edited on 14-05-2004 by B19 GAV]

pew pew pew pewwwww
corsa120

14th May 04 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

leciester is a pretty neutral place actually
Graham

14th May 04 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its sort of central cheers Gav i do try
CraigyG

14th May 04 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have it in Nottingham cos then i can go (i dont drive)
Gavin
Premium Member

14th May 04 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats going even more away from the folks from the east EAST EAST

heres wat i mean

pew pew pew pewwwww
Graham

14th May 04 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm yeash we shud work togther gav then maybe we cud get people such as netrix, kerry, luke etc to come along u2u joff and ask him where is good there or near by
broster
Premium Member

15th May 04 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello, seems like you lot have been busy! cheers guys! looks like you found a good spot then? yeah ask joff about loactions. i have his msn, ill point him this way if you havent allready
Gary GSi

16th May 04 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do we have to have a common meeting point. Why cant we have a sort of rotor so everyone is catered for. Its could be a east mids corsasport summer tour. A meet at every major city in the region.
broster
Premium Member

16th May 04 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a big meet is better than a small one tho! so a big one every now and then would be nice
Graham

16th May 04 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe meet at a place in peterbrough where its nice and scenic jus like the national CS meet. could be good idea plus if its far enough ahead we can actually start postin it so people can book it off now and have no exuse not to come.
Gavin
Premium Member

16th May 04 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah ^^^^.... it may be a good time to see who would be interested in a "BIG EM" meet for the whole region!

i also think that peterbrough is pretty much a centre location in the east midlands for all

pew pew pew pewwwww
Graham

17th May 04 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well gav, as mark is a tad busy at the mo me and you can start to look into locations within peterbrough and accesibilty options.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » IDEAS FOR NEXT MEET 24 database queries in 0.1066351 seconds