corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Question about lowering on 17s

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Question about lowering on 17s
jmdsouth

User status: Offline
10th May 04 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got 17 inch alloys and i wanna lower my corsa sport by 40mm all round will this be ok? ive looked up my wheels online and the offset is et45, since im on a budget can i just use the lowering springs for 40mm? also what make of springs would be the best to use?
mike16v

10th May 04 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will be fine mate, if ure on a budget, spax springs shud be ok 4 u mate, id reccomend u try and get sum uprated shocks too thou if u can
jmdsouth

10th May 04 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate so how much are these spax springs? and how much roughly would a garage charge for fitting them cuz i would rather leave it to the professionals!
MODDEDCORSAGSI

10th May 04 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it isnt that hard 2 do urself m8, takes me 10mins tops 2 do the back, springs will be roughly £70 but you really should get shocks 2
jmdsouth

10th May 04 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't got the tools thought mate to do it so i can't what happens if i don't have these dampers then is it a shitty ride or something? and how much are dampers? i wanna try and work out how much it will cost me altogether to do it.
MODDEDCORSAGSI

10th May 04 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will b really bouncy m8 and if anything the handling will get worse and wil rub more without dampers. ur looking at £200-£250 for the full kit, dampers and srpings, u only need a jack and 3 spanners then. oh and wheel bar

New Poll