corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rewiring front speakers off an amp.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rewiring front speakers off an amp.
tiptoptim

User status: Offline
6th May 04 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got sony components in the front doors. The idiots who fitted them a long time ago did not wire them up properly. They ran descent cabling down the car and then put the good cable into the standard cable. I did not notice till along time after.
I would like to get descent cabling throughout and amp them up properley. Now heres where I need some help. Would you do :

1 - Get some of the same cable that I am already running and solder it on. Then run it to my front speakers? so it would still be the same type of cable.

Or

2 - Redo the whole cabling from the amp to the front speakers.
???
Also Another question (Sorry for the essay). How easy is it to put the cabling from the door into the car?

Anyone done this? Anything I should be aware of??

Any help would be welcome.

Many thanks.

cdcool1

6th May 04 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally i wouldnt solder two wires together.

Speaker wire is cheap enough to replace the lot and i would do that everytime

Wires from door run through a black rubber tubing which you can see when the door is open. Just thread it through
mwg

6th May 04 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would rewire all the cabling to be on the safe side.
Ive not amped up front speakers in the corsa yet but Im planning on drilling a hole near to where the multi-plug runs through to the door and feeding the wire through a rubber grommet into the door. That multi-plug looks like a pain in the arse!
mwg

6th May 04 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cdcool1 : u reckon it would be easy enough to run the wire through the multi-plug grommet? If it is then this is what Ill do
cdcool1

6th May 04 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, shouldn't be too dificult

if you struggle, attatch the wires to a stiffer peice of wire with some tape, thread it through and de-attatch the wire at other side

Haven't looked at the grommet on a corsa for a while, but from what i can remember, it shouldn't be too difficult

Good luck chaps
tiptoptim

6th May 04 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will rewire the whole cabling from amp to speakers. I shouldnt have to many problems as I only have a 1.4ls, and it does not have any electrics, apart from the standard speaker wire which is already going through that stupid black tube.

Many thanks all.

New Poll