corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Is D5NNA still around?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is D5NNA still around?
Donna Corsa GSi

User status: Offline
25th Apr 04 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
What made you go for the LET and not the tb's??

Because ive always wanted a turbo
Donna Corsa GSi

25th Apr 04 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
quote:
Originally posted by Donna Corsa GSi
quote:
only prob i really had (not really a problem more of a pain in the arse) was i couldnt get a reading of revs in 1st gear, so the engine light was on all the time but that was it really

I've got a little problem that maybe you might be able to help with. The speedo reads but incorrectly (ie reads 40mph when its doing 70mph) do you know what might cause that?

its not a digidash is it?

No standard clocks. I can't understand it
big eck

25th Apr 04 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Fair doo's
But isnt the tb's alot better than the turbo and alot more reliable??
Adam

25th Apr 04 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
only prob i really had (not really a problem more of a pain in the arse) was i couldnt get a reading of revs in 1st gear, so the engine light was on all the time but that was it really

I've got a little problem that maybe you might be able to help with. The speedo reads but incorrectly (ie reads 40mph when its doing 70mph) do you know what might cause that?

its not a digidash is it?

No standard clocks. I can't understand it

so reads 20 when your doing 35?
J da Silva

25th Apr 04 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Fair doo's
But isnt the tb's alot better than the turbo and alot more reliable??

no, people generally tend to read crap posted on forums and then repeat it thinking people will respect them

factory fitted turbo engines are just as reliable as any other engine, its when you start boltin turbo's onto N/A engines that people get probs most of the time
J da Silva

25th Apr 04 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

donna its most likely the sensor in the g'box thats gone ape, cant think why its doing that though, thats way out
Donna Corsa GSi

25th Apr 04 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But u can only just match the standard power of a turbo with tb's and you have to thrash the engine a lot more to get the power but you can get the power down a lot better with TB's. Reliability I don't know but im not bothered about that, something breaks you replace it with something better. If you look at problems as opportunities then it doesn't bother you so much.
Adam

25th Apr 04 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it's cable driven, then it might be the ratis on the gearbox sender thingy or the speedo end might not match up with the new gearbox
J da Silva

25th Apr 04 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look at it in a good way, atleast if coppers pull you for speeding , you have a decent excuse
GREG 1

25th Apr 04 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo hasn't fitted some 29's like Shaq O'Neil has he without you realising ? this would slow you down
Donna Corsa GSi

25th Apr 04 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
donna its most likely the sensor in the g'box thats gone ape, cant think why its doing that though, thats way out

Yeah we talked about it being something to do with the sensor in the gearbox today. First thing to look at changing me thinks.
Donna Corsa GSi

25th Apr 04 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
look at it in a good way, atleast if coppers pull you for speeding , you have a decent excuse

Yeah I thought that too. "I was doing 40mph officer I promise"
lee mitchell

25th Apr 04 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no its not a digidash just standard clocks that are cable fed
lee mitchell

25th Apr 04 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit late with my reply
vibrio
Banned

25th Apr 04 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by Mikorsa16v
spins in 4th what the fuck!!!

yes right good set up that eh

Apart from making it 4 wheel drive not much else you can do about that.

he he he thats your next step.

vibrio
Banned

25th Apr 04 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
like i've said in the past, an experienced good driver knows when the wheels are about to start spinning, the rev needle will blip just before they spin, thats when u lift off the gas and select your higher gear, if you say thats a lie then your calling ayrton senna,alain prost, colin mcrae etc liars aswell

I've never driven a car with a turbo before properly. I know its going to take some getting used to but everyone has said that im not going to be able to stop it wheel spinning to some degree especially off the mark. Ive learnt so much in the last 6months and I know ive got a lot more to learn too. But im happy to learn new things and hopefully I will become a much better driver and be able to look after my car a lot better too.

it's easy to do donna. N/A engine don't produce as much torque and it's not so sudden so you can basically plant the foot from low revs and it shoudl grip. turbo cars produced for the road have small turbos so spool up quickly which produces a sudden amount of torque hence wheel spin.

If I drive off from the lights I still take it to the change point on partial throttle in 1st then in second you can normally get away with flooring it because of the revs and moving, if you change as soon as you spin then floorit your getting a lot of torque and your not moving very fast and you get spin. what tyres you got? I'd recomend good year eagle GSD3 or Bridgestone potenza SO-3's
Fad

25th Apr 04 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy
quote:

I didn't realise until I drove the car home, a brand new part has been damaged and you can only tell when the cars under load (ie peak power) The problem has now got worse and now Lee's found the problem we can tell that it has been caused by someone ragging the shit out of it that can't drive properly. I had been taking it easy because the engine had been out of the car for 6months and a lot of parts have been replaced and then they go and drive it like that. Not very happy

I hope you kicked their arses for that Donna?

i bloody well hope so too thats disgracefull

this happend to me before makes my blood boil to think peple can be soo inconsiderate of other peoples things they word hard for

hope u do sort them out tho
Trotty

25th Apr 04 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That sounds a bit crap Donna! No doubt it'll get sorted but a bit concerning to say the least - you think when you leave your car somewhere you should be able to trust them enough to loook after it properly.

Nonetheless, when all running well and with the new body bits done I'm sure it'll look as ace as ever
Robbo

25th Apr 04 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 Donna... pleased to see you've improved it again an as YOU wanted not magazines etc

I still think this is by far the best overall B there is... with the LET in place it definitely excels in all areas Love it
bradfincham

26th Apr 04 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

donna you must complain to the bodyshop in question as they are now messign everybody around and my mates car had problems when it came back from them. There proffesional name is going down hill
Daimo B

26th Apr 04 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a large company that Donna has used that most people know about. Shall we say their "attitude" towards cars now has gone downhill some what. Used to be very good, but they've done nothing but piss her about. An original quote of £500 odd ended up being nearly £3000!!! How the fuck can u do that? Plus the fact of whats gone on with her car.

Lee's ben working his best though, plenty of beers for him at PVS He even came over on his birthday to have a look at D5

The car looks soooooooooo much better now than it did before. Nothing major has change, just been "altered" a bit.

Traction wont be a problem im sure once she learns how it drives. Bit different from an NA 1600 with no torque But shes hardly driven it yet. Give it some time and she'll be fine. She has to be, got to get it on the strip
Robbo

26th Apr 04 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo B

26th Apr 04 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't wait.

D4 - 160bhp, na, 16"s
D5 - 220bhp, turbo, 17"s.

Im hoping for a 15 dead this year, and hoping to get D5NNA around 14.5 (theres a lot of weight in there remember, and on 17"s). Anything lower for either cars would be good i think.
Tom

26th Apr 04 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds nice, hope u get the problem sorted soon, and get pics up asap

bet the fmic lookc gud behind the delta front (if that's still there?)
Donna Corsa GSi

26th Apr 04 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio

it's easy to do donna. N/A engine don't produce as much torque and it's not so sudden so you can basically plant the foot from low revs and it shoudl grip. turbo cars produced for the road have small turbos so spool up quickly which produces a sudden amount of torque hence wheel spin.

If I drive off from the lights I still take it to the change point on partial throttle in 1st then in second you can normally get away with flooring it because of the revs and moving, if you change as soon as you spin then floorit your getting a lot of torque and your not moving very fast and you get spin. what tyres you got? I'd recomend good year eagle GSD3 or Bridgestone potenza SO-3's

I will bear that in mind next time I get to drive her then

Pirelli P6000's

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Is D5NNA still around? 22 database queries in 0.1950500 seconds