corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Is D5NNA still around?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is D5NNA still around?
corb

User status: Offline
25th Apr 04 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the problem im gonna hav donna, bloody money!!! but new job, higher pay, more money to spend on car
Donna Corsa GSi

25th Apr 04 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corb
wot did they do? did u not say owt to 'em re. the state of ur cars engine??

I didn't realise until I drove the car home, a brand new part has been damaged and you can only tell when the cars under load (ie peak power) The problem has now got worse and now Lee's found the problem we can tell that it has been caused by someone ragging the shit out of it that can't drive properly. I had been taking it easy because the engine had been out of the car for 6months and a lot of parts have been replaced and then they go and drive it like that. Not very happy
J da Silva

25th Apr 04 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what was the prob donna?
corb

25th Apr 04 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to hear that but bodywork is looking good???mine needs some serious TLC before maxlive, but wont be done before pvs (again, lack of funds!!)
Donna Corsa GSi

25th Apr 04 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
like i've said in the past, an experienced good driver knows when the wheels are about to start spinning, the rev needle will blip just before they spin, thats when u lift off the gas and select your higher gear, if you say thats a lie then your calling ayrton senna,alain prost, colin mcrae etc liars aswell

I've never driven a car with a turbo before properly. I know its going to take some getting used to but everyone has said that im not going to be able to stop it wheel spinning to some degree especially off the mark. Ive learnt so much in the last 6months and I know ive got a lot more to learn too. But im happy to learn new things and hopefully I will become a much better driver and be able to look after my car a lot better too.
Donna Corsa GSi

25th Apr 04 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
what was the prob donna?

clutch and flywheel are fucked
Donna Corsa GSi

25th Apr 04 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
thats the problem im gonna hav donna, bloody money!!! but new job, higher pay, more money to spend on car

Trust me it will cost far more then you budget for.
Donna Corsa GSi

25th Apr 04 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
sorry to hear that but bodywork is looking good???mine needs some serious TLC before maxlive, but wont be done before pvs (again, lack of funds!!)

No I can't say the bodywork is too great for the money it cost. Why can't people do their damn jobs properly
J da Silva

25th Apr 04 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Donna Corsa GSi
quote:
like i've said in the past, an experienced good driver knows when the wheels are about to start spinning, the rev needle will blip just before they spin, thats when u lift off the gas and select your higher gear, if you say thats a lie then your calling ayrton senna,alain prost, colin mcrae etc liars aswell

I've never driven a car with a turbo before properly. I know its going to take some getting used to but everyone has said that im not going to be able to stop it wheel spinning to some degree especially off the mark. Ive learnt so much in the last 6months and I know ive got a lot more to learn too. But im happy to learn new things and hopefully I will become a much better driver and be able to look after my car a lot better too.

you will have to work on your start's i dont spin my wheels off the start, never have done, but practice will sort it im sure, you cant apply mental amounts of power round the corners like an N/A motor neither, has to be fed in gradual
lee mitchell

25th Apr 04 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
what was the prob donna?

Donna Corsa GSi

25th Apr 04 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive never had problems with wheel spinning before so im sure I will get used to it eventually. At the end of the day its all about knowing your car, ive hardly driven it really as yet.
corb

25th Apr 04 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did u find out bout those bits from shinee??
Donna Corsa GSi

25th Apr 04 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee mitchell
quote:
quote:
what was the prob donna?

Such a shame, seeing as Lee done such a good job on the conversion. First turbo conversion and it started first time too
lee mitchell

25th Apr 04 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not yet mate il ring him 2mra or something
quote:
did u find out bout those bits from shinee??
J da Silva

25th Apr 04 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only prob i really had (not really a problem more of a pain in the arse) was i couldnt get a reading of revs in 1st gear, so the engine light was on all the time but that was it really
Andy

25th Apr 04 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I didn't realise until I drove the car home, a brand new part has been damaged and you can only tell when the cars under load (ie peak power) The problem has now got worse and now Lee's found the problem we can tell that it has been caused by someone ragging the shit out of it that can't drive properly. I had been taking it easy because the engine had been out of the car for 6months and a lot of parts have been replaced and then they go and drive it like that. Not very happy

I hope you kicked their arses for that Donna?
corb

25th Apr 04 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah ok, cheers. no real hurry, just wanna figure money etc. muchly appreciated
lee mitchell

25th Apr 04 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy
quote:

not yet but think it will be cumming soon
Andy

25th Apr 04 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With size 13 hobnail boots I hope!
Donna Corsa GSi

25th Apr 04 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy
quote:

Haven't spoken to them yet, had an idea of the problem but I wanted to find out for definate which Lee nicely did for me today. I can't really prove it but im definately going to let them know about it. Luckily I gave them a list of the small problems we had anyway and obviously its come back with a big problem and the clutch had just been replaced too which I can prove. Also the car come back with power steering problems that weren't there before too.
Donna Corsa GSi

25th Apr 04 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
only prob i really had (not really a problem more of a pain in the arse) was i couldnt get a reading of revs in 1st gear, so the engine light was on all the time but that was it really

I've got a little problem that maybe you might be able to help with. The speedo reads but incorrectly (ie reads 40mph when its doing 70mph) do you know what might cause that?
Donna Corsa GSi

25th Apr 04 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Icy
exterior mods - is it the ones i knw?
if so cnt wait to c

Cheers for doing them pictures for me I gave them the pictures and they've done it pretty much exactly the same.
big eck

25th Apr 04 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What made you go for the LET and not the tb's??
J da Silva

quote:
quote:

I've got a little problem that maybe you might be able to help with. The speedo reads but incorrectly (ie reads 40mph when its doing 70mph) do you know what might cause that?

its not a digidash is it?
J da Silva

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
What made you go for the LET and not the tb's??

i know your game, fair play to ya

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Is D5NNA still around? 22 database queries in 0.1109021 seconds