corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » pc problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author pc problems
koolkorsa

User status: Offline
18th Apr 04 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went on hols for a week and came back and the computer aint working. It had been left unplugged. When i turn it on now it says - Operating system not found. What the fuck is wrong with it?
Reedy

18th Apr 04 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hard drive is failing, this means that u need a new one. U will have to reformat and start again, u could reuse this drive if u want but it isnt very reliable.
koolkorsa

18th Apr 04 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bollocks, i got a load of stuff i need of the hard drive. anyway to save it - just need the my documents folder really.
Houckham

18th Apr 04 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best thing to do is check the drive in another pc. best check this before you go formatting it or chucking it away. as you may have some crucial data saved on it.
modded_corsa

18th Apr 04 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine did this....lasted about month n a half before it died...luckily when i realised it was going i backed up most of m stuff onto cd's

just keep trying...keep pressing restart or turning it on n off....once itss on leave it turned on unless u really need to switch it off

i left mine switched on for bout a month...didnt do any harm...but i wud back your stuff up asap
koolkorsa

18th Apr 04 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there any way i can run it in safe mode or dos or something so i can just back up this one 50mb folder using my cd writer?
AndyCorsa

18th Apr 04 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh, I think you press F8 when booting up and this should give you a list of booting options.
Reedy

18th Apr 04 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but he cant do that because his hard drive has collapsed, loosing all data and operating system. F8 Function is a windows function which only works when u have windows, the only way to recover the data is to pay £100 to one of those proffessionals that take aprt the hard drive and recover the data.
Reedy

18th Apr 04 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can price u up on a hard drive,

www.gladiatorcomputers.com

its where i work. So i do know quite abit about komputas

New Poll